Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Trunk Lid Dent Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reversed out of my garage with the trunk open and it hit the top of my garage door. I thought there would be enough room to avoid the garage door. Stupid mistake and now I need to pay for it. Here are some pics. There are no visible scratches (maybe just tiny ones), just a dent on the top of the trunk. Would I be able to repair this or would I need to get a new trunk lid? Any recommendations on body shops in the LA area?
thumbnail_IMG_6488.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6489.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6490.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6491.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6492.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6493.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6494.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6495.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6496.jpg

Thanks!

The fact that it's on a creased area may make paintless dent repair very challenging, but that area should at least be accessible from the rear if they need to access it to repair the dent.

There are probably countless body shops in your area that have worked on Teslas.

a GOOD PDR guy can reduce the visibility of it is my guess, but not 100% eliminate it. If it requires bodywork, may require a respray of the trunk lid, which may or may not, match up 100% with the other panels that havent been resprayed..