Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Trunk Lid Malfunction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed a few items in the trunk of my 2015 Model S and pushed the closure button. The lid closed normally. All seemed fine until I entered the vehicle and saw the instrument cluster showing the car with the trunk lid open and the red icon showing a door as opened. Powered the car down from the "controls menu" to no avail. Crawled into the trunk from the back seat to access the emergency trunk release and pulled it, but nothing released. The cable only came down an inch or two. Seemed like it was jammed. Does anyone have experience with this type of issue? I sure would like to resolve it myself since the best mobile service appointment I could get is three-weeks away. Need a service center in Naples, FL.

Placed a few items in the trunk of my 2015 Model S and pushed the closure button. The lid closed normally. All seemed fine until I entered the vehicle and saw the instrument cluster showing the car with the trunk lid open and the red icon showing a door as opened. Powered the car down from the "controls menu" to no avail. Crawled into the trunk from the back seat to access the emergency trunk release and pulled it, but nothing released. The cable only came down an inch or two. Seemed like it was jammed. Does anyone have experience with this type of issue? I sure would like to resolve it myself since the best mobile service appointment I could get is three-weeks away. Need a service center in Naples, FL.
I just started having this issue. How did you resolve this?