Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 100D vs Model X LRP - Opinion/Feedback Appreciated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MX 100D MIdnight Silver with Black Interior with 295 miles range and FSD. Tesla has offered me $1300 less than I paid a year ago to trade in (have 6,500 miles on the vehicle). I can trade in my current X for a new Long Range Plus Model X Pearl White with black interior without FSD for a cost of $ 3,300. This is a true no brainer if I was not losing FSD as I gain 56 miles of range and add free supercharging, although I only pay about $200 a year in supercharging.

My take on FSD and not sure it is worth $7k:

The only feature I really use with my current FSD is lane changing with my blinker (I am still waiting on 3.0 software upgrade. Navigate on Auto Pilot is terrible in my opinion. NOAP changes to slower lanes, has a hard time making off ramps in curving areas. Summons is a joke. Parking is marginal at best and takes much longer.

My wife has a Model 3 that was just upgraded to FSD and the functionality with the exception of identifying cones and lights is worse. When you put your blinker on under normal driving circumstances vehicles to the left and right of you do not show up in red if they are in your turning area. I contacted Tesla and they said this is normal in the upgrade (totally backwards, but it is what it is).

So if I consider adding FSD I will pay $10,300 to swap for a new Model X LRP.

Not sure I am sold on Pearl White as compared to Midnight Silver, but I almost went with Pearl White last year.

Thank you in advance for your input!

Definitely a personal preference. I'd be interested in real world differences in range between Raven vs previous 100D. Our 3 is much more accurate in the range readings compared to our P100D X. Thats a good trade in value Tesla is offering, however I don't think I'd be willing to give up FSD that easily. $10k to upgrade seems a bit steep for me for what you gain esp if yours already has MCU2. Improved suspension, hold mode for true single pedal driving, and a bump in the range reading are the major differences. I'd keep the current car and wait for a bigger future update before coughing up extra $.

Since I have only used autopilot for 1 vacation trip last Summer, FSD probably has little value to me. I generally prefer driving my car myself for all short trips and the current autopilot is enough for me on longer trips.

I would go for the latest and greatest new Model X LRP for the $3300 and forget FSD. The added range and especially the true single pedal driving are worth it to me.

• Helpful
Reactions: tierneyalvin
I have a MX 100D MIdnight Silver with Black Interior with 295 miles range and FSD. Tesla has offered me $1300 less than I paid a year ago to trade in (have 6,500 miles on the vehicle). I can trade in my current X for a new Long Range Plus Model X Pearl White with black interior without FSD for a cost of $ 3,300. This is a true no brainer if I was not losing FSD as I gain 56 miles of range and add free supercharging, although I only pay about $200 a year in supercharging.

My take on FSD and not sure it is worth $7k:

The only feature I really use with my current FSD is lane changing with my blinker (I am still waiting on 3.0 software upgrade. Navigate on Auto Pilot is terrible in my opinion. NOAP changes to slower lanes, has a hard time making off ramps in curving areas. Summons is a joke. Parking is marginal at best and takes much longer.

My wife has a Model 3 that was just upgraded to FSD and the functionality with the exception of identifying cones and lights is worse. When you put your blinker on under normal driving circumstances vehicles to the left and right of you do not show up in red if they are in your turning area. I contacted Tesla and they said this is normal in the upgrade (totally backwards, but it is what it is).

So if I consider adding FSD I will pay $10,300 to swap for a new Model X LRP.

Not sure I am sold on Pearl White as compared to Midnight Silver, but I almost went with Pearl White last year.

Thank you in advance for your input!

I stopped when you said they're going to give you only $1300 less than you paid a year ago.

TAKE THAT DEAL.

sincerely,

Guy who just took a $30,000 bath on one of the first Stealth 3's.

Probably worth it if you've found yourself almost dying due to range anxiety lots over the last year; travel long distance much, etc? FSD isn't that great so the included AP is fine for now and likely for several years (even then, no guarantee FSD will be fully released as envisioned and approved to).