Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (2018+ w/ 2nd & 3rd row fold flat) - full-size mattress in back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi TMC,

First post - been lurking for a long time and reading and learning. I'm super excited to post because I'm now seriously considering a Tesla (weighing Model X vs Model S vs Model 3).

Does anyone have experience moving mattresses in a Model X? If not, does anyone have diagonal measurements of the rear hatch opening of the Model X? I am wondering if it is possible to transport a US full size mattress (no box, so it bends a little).

Searching both on TMC and online mostly show people talking about inflatable mattresses or putting a twin mattress in the back of a Model S for camping. I couldn't find much about mattresses and the Model X probably because it was only recently in 2018 that the 7-seat Model X gained full fold-down seats for both the 2nd and 3rd rows.

If the X can transport a full size mattress, that weighs heavily in favor of my decision to eventually get a 2018 version with the fold flat 2nd and 3rd rows.

I don't remember the full-size mattress size off the top of my head; however, I know there is a memory foam mattress for the Model X that has it's dimensions listed:

Configurator 3.1 – Dreamcase

Hope that helps. I know I've considered getting one of these; however, as I'm leasing my Model S and on the fence on what I want to do come August (a Model X being a serious consideration currently)... holding off.