TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X actual drove miles per charge

Discussion in 'Model X' started by MCGotX, Apr 28, 2018.

1. MCGotX

MCGotX Member

My Model X 90D charge up to 90% and says 218 miles. After driving down to ~20 miles, the actual miles drove shows 163 miles drove since last charge. So it seems I am only getting about 163 miles/charge. What actual miles are you getting on a 90% charge?

2. ps004ynos

ps004ynos Member

With 20" wheels I'd usually get 75% of stated range. E.g. 218 x .75 = 163.
    With 22" I'm getting 65%.

3. HugoBoss

HugoBoss Member

There are a few factors..... Wind, cold, how fast you drive, how much hills, how much AC or heat you use. But ya.... I assume 80% to 85% in warmer weather and 60% in cold. Preheating in winter helps a lot.

4. AndreyATC

AndreyATC Member

It's not that bad.
    I get a bit over 350whm on my 22s per year, minus winter and 360 in the winter with 20s wearing Nokian tires
    This is lifetime average

5. Tjhappel

Tjhappel Member

That sounds about right unfortunately. After
    50k miles my 90% is identical to yours, 2-8 to 220 daily.

6. MCGotX

MCGotX Member

I have 36k miles. I was getting the rated range when I drove to Yellowstone and even always doing the 80mph on the freeways. It just seems to me now the daily commute is much lower than the rated range.

7. Milin1609

Milin1609 Member

I am at 30000 miles and at 90%, mine shows 217. so, it seems average.

8. MCGotX

MCGotX Member

How is your miles driven since last charged from 90%?

9. Milin1609

Milin1609 Member

It is definitely less than before. I used to drive 235 miles on full charge before when it was new, but now it is questionable. I feel I would be in trouble, if I try that. So, 90% charge is much lower than before.