Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X actual drove miles per charge

MCGotX

Apr 14, 2016
Fremont
My Model X 90D charge up to 90% and says 218 miles. After driving down to ~20 miles, the actual miles drove shows 163 miles drove since last charge. So it seems I am only getting about 163 miles/charge. What actual miles are you getting on a 90% charge?

HugoBoss

Aug 4, 2017
Kleinburgh
There are a few factors..... Wind, cold, how fast you drive, how much hills, how much AC or heat you use. But ya.... I assume 80% to 85% in warmer weather and 60% in cold. Preheating in winter helps a lot.

MCGotX

Apr 14, 2016
Fremont
That sounds about right unfortunately. After
50k miles my 90% is identical to yours, 2-8 to 220 daily.
I have 36k miles. I was getting the rated range when I drove to Yellowstone and even always doing the 80mph on the freeways. It just seems to me now the daily commute is much lower than the rated range.

Milin1609

May 4, 2016
Kingsland,GA
It is definitely less than before. I used to drive 235 miles on full charge before when it was new, but now it is questionable. I feel I would be in trouble, if I try that. So, 90% charge is much lower than before.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC