Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X battery jump points too far apart

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently bought a 12V battery jump battery (Noco GB40 -- thanks prime day!). Unfortunately it seems that the 2 recommended jump connector points on my 2017 model X are too far apart for the included cables to reach. Does anyone know of an alternative supported chassis ground point I could use that is closer to the positive connect point on the fuse box? Thank you!

Note: This shows the jump points I am using, which I one time found on tesla manual but I don't see it there anymore!

Thanks, any tips where exactly? Everyplace I see that is accessible to clamp onto that is close to the fuse box seems to be plastic. It seems like the fuse box itself covers anywhere you could access the frame metal. I will try to put a meter on it, but was just hoping someone knew.

Thanks, any tips where exactly? Everyplace I see that is accessible to clamp onto that is close to the fuse box seems to be plastic. It seems like the fuse box itself covers anywhere you could access the frame metal. I will try to put a meter on it, but was just hoping someone knew.

Any bolt passing through the frame. Hood strut, near the washer bottle, wiper?

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 14.47.55.png

Thanks! With the frunk liner (name?) in place most of these bolts aren't visible. However as I was probing around with my meter I found a very obvious place that is close that I didn't see before! I feel a bit foolish now. Attached is a few pictures for anyone in the future.

Note that the meter shows 14V or so, so I think this is fine, but I couldn't actually test the battery charger operation itself since the battery is currently charged.

IMG_7232.jpeg

IMG_7233.jpeg

Reactions: shingles