Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No P100D but I got my FWD window fixed, finally!

Did you get your car back @SSD420, did everything work out?
I finally got my car back on Friday night around 10pm after pretty much begging for my car back. Most items fixed. EXCEPT the rattle that they couldn't replicate last time. This time I gave them sound clips and the invoice says they fixed it - citing the lift gate. They were wrong. I'm back on October 28th to get my winter tires put on and to fix the rattle, hopefully.

Reactions: Gwgan
I finally got my car back on Friday night around 10pm after pretty much begging for my car back. Most items fixed. EXCEPT the rattle that they couldn't replicate last time. This time I gave them sound clips and the invoice says they fixed it - citing the lift gate. They were wrong. I'm back on October 28th to get my winter tires put on and to fix the rattle, hopefully.
All else fixed.

Oh wait, they couldn't replicate my weak internet signals. They did however say that AT&T often puts Tesla customers last when it comes to signal. Their actual paying customers get the better signal and us Roamers get the short end of the stick.

All else fixed.

Oh wait, they couldn't replicate my weak internet signals. They did however say that AT&T often puts Tesla customers last when it comes to signal. Their actual paying customers get the better signal and us Roamers get the short end of the stick.

Is the LTE signal not using our Data plan??? I was of the impression streaming music will eat up our DATA from our cellphone carrier ??

Is the LTE signal not using our Data plan??? I was of the impression streaming music will eat up our DATA from our cellphone carrier ??

AT&T doesn't value our long term business I guess. Very frustrating that our LTE services aren't reliable. I often have to resort to google or apple maps on my phone. I have also recently started putting music on my phone as streaming music is very choppy, I live in and around Toronto, not a remote area in the middle of no where. My signal strength should be reasonable to good

AT&T doesn't value our long term business I guess. Very frustrating that our LTE services aren't reliable. I often have to resort to google or apple maps on my phone. I have also recently started putting music on my phone as streaming music is very choppy, I live in and around Toronto, not a remote area in the middle of no where. My signal strength should be reasonable to good
Not sure if this helps or further muddies the waters. I've been complaining about media skipping and stuttering issues since I got an upgraded car in March. Recently someone, in an UHFS thread, said it could be related to a bad cellular board (I see my car frequently flips from LTE to 3G) and it was replaced and resolved their issue. Upon Tesla Service recommendation, I've reset my trip counters (much to my dismay) and sad to report that seems to have helped the most! I did find out that there was certainly a memory leak issue coming from something and that's when it was suggested to reset trip counters as a resolution). Firmware 8.0 seems to be ok so far too (noticing less LTE / 3G flipping), so maybe its not the cellular board in my case. Going in for annual service this week, will let you know if they find something else.

All else fixed.

Good to hear that almost everything got fixed. I have two outstanding items -- my doors are misaligned now (noticed it after the 8.0 upgrade, coincidence??) and steering wheel rattles at high speeds (car needs balancing).

Sucks to hear about the roaming. I've crossed the border a few times, haven't noticed an issue. However, I normally just use maps and not the music streaming.

Don't worry, your car doesn't use your phone data :) Your car has it's own LTE data connection, and it sounds like Tesla is partnered with ATT. ATT then handles all the roaming agreements (with TELUS, Bell, Rogers, carriers is in Mexcio, etc.).

What Tesla doesn't allow is for you to share the car's data connection, so you couldn't tether to that and get free data for your devices :) They reserve the connection for maps, streaming music, updates and whatever telemetry is going on behind the scenes.

This is the first year service which is $600 CAD. I dropped it off and got an 85 classic loaner with the classic speedo, which is FAR FAR FAR superior than 7.1/8.0 versions (I'm really missing it). I really like seeing the power meter in large clear and better logarithmic scaling. Much easier to hyper mile and control your throttle pressure with that.

Not a lot today...just remember to bring all your FOBs.
Multi point inspection (w/ tire rotation and alignment check)
Cabin air filter replacement
Wiper blade set replacement
Key fob battery replacement

More info:
Service plans

This is the first year service which is $600 CAD. I dropped it off and got an 85 classic loaner with the classic speedo, which is FAR FAR FAR superior than 7.1/8.0 versions (I'm really missing it). I really like seeing the power meter in large clear and better logarithmic scaling. Much easier to hyper mile and control your throttle pressure with that.

Not a lot today...just remember to bring all your FOBs.
Multi point inspection (w/ tire rotation and alignment check)
Cabin air filter replacement
Wiper blade set replacement
Key fob battery replacement

More info:
Service plans

Thanks for the link. I'm a bit disappointed I wasn't told about this when I picked up my car, as I would have prepaid for 3 years... Seems there'd be a savings as compared to paying $600 each time.

Thanks for the link. I'm a bit disappointed I wasn't told about this when I picked up my car, as I would have prepaid for 3 years... Seems there'd be a savings as compared to paying $600 each time.
Car is finished. All is good, no extra items or technical bulletins performed. Only $450 for this first year service. Sorry to hear that they didn't mention this during delivery. You should of also seen this on your my tesla page telling you had 30 days (I think) to add it after delivery. You can still buy extended. You could try calling and ask if you can still prepay. Maybe worth a shot.