Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations, it will be interesting to get everyone's feedback on their first Canadian winter experiences with the Model X

Love driving my Model X in the snow! Feel very safe and in total control, even though I just have the all standard 20" seasons tires and not winter tires. We got some snow in Vancouver last week/this week and driving around has been fun. I didn't do anything crazy, kept speeds appropriate for weather conditions, and made sure I had lots of room around me for braking etc. No problems at all. Traction is great, wheels never slipped even when starting up hill. Braking is great as well, as usual the regen took care of most of the slowing down and I only tapped the brakes to come to a dead stop. The only time I slide was when I did it on purpose, e.g. accelerating mid-turn on road that's covered in ice - don't do this with other cars / people / obstacles around :cool:.

I have the winter package - the heated steering wheel and heated wipers are great! Also figured out that I have to press the windshield defroster twice to make it heat :D as previously I complained it wasn't defrosting fast enough. Well, turns out - if you press it once it's blue, which I assume cools. If you press it again, it turns red.

I also have the air suspension, so it's really cool to be able to raise the car to get through deeper sections. Seems the car will also use GPS location to automatically raise/lower the car based on your previous settings.

My car in the snow:
Instagram video by Ying • Dec 9, 2016 at 10:24pm UTC

One thing I did notice, the headlights get covered in snow pretty easily. I guess it's because the LED lights don't generate heat? Also the rear view camera gets dirty pretty easily, and I find myself wiping it constantly.

Stephen congrats what color ? my 90 will be plain white and tan leather interior
60D, Six seat, plain white, white interior. Kid proof, right?!!
Pretty good in the snow. Winter tires coming in early Jan. I did get the ABS to kick-in on a stop, and had some understeer going into a snowy, slushy corner last night. No biggie, but its not too hard to overcome the all-seasons in the snow.
Best,
Stephen

60D, Six seat, plain white, white interior. Kid proof, right?!!
Pretty good in the snow. Winter tires coming in early Jan. I did get the ABS to kick-in on a stop, and had some understeer going into a snowy, slushy corner last night. No biggie, but its not too hard to overcome the all-seasons in the snow.
Best,
Stephen
I think winter tires will make a huge difference in deep snow

What does everyone think of the MX service plan? Looks like the 4 year plan is the only option (at $3100) and thats only a $275 savings over paying for each service individually - unless those prices go up. Prices seem high for the work that has to be done.

2017-02-03 4-36-17 PM.png

I'm opting to skip the plan, and not looking forward to $700 for my first service...

What does everyone think of the MX service plan? Looks like the 4 year plan is the only option (at $3100) and thats only a $275 savings over paying for each service individually - unless those prices go up. Prices seem high for the work that has to be done.

View attachment 213223

I'm opting to skip the plan, and not looking forward to $700 for my first service...
I agree it's not much of a saving right now... but I think I'll go for its as it will lock in the prices for four years, and I'm betting those will go up...

I agree it's not much of a saving right now... but I think I'll go for its as it will lock in the prices for four years, and I'm betting those will go up...
I'll likely get it since I'm keeping the X for a while. And yea it might go up not down.