Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X crashed - parts for sale?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a Model X that crashed pretty badly (P100D, 2016, AP 2.0). I am wondering if there is a possibility to still sell parts of it: the internals of the car are pretty much intact, I would assume that the battery pack and basically everything in the internals could be reused (white seats, steering wheel, speakers, etc.). Do you know anyone in the Los Angeles area who would buy the car or specific parts of it?

Balázs

Hi,

I have a Model X that crashed pretty badly (P100D, 2016, AP 2.0). I am wondering if there is a possibility to still sell parts of it: the internals of the car are pretty much intact, I would assume that the battery pack and basically everything in the internals could be reused (white seats, steering wheel, speakers, etc.). Do you know anyone in the Los Angeles area who would buy the car or specific parts of it?

Balázs

sorry to hear this ..check out EV West down in North County SD

Hi,

Balázs
Ventilated seats?

Ventilated seats?

Not sure how well it is visible in this frame from the video I took at the location of the accident, but they are ventillated and they are in pristine condition.

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 18.29.55 .png

I hope everyone came out okay. Tesla has some of the best safety scores.

Yes, the only passenger was the driver, no other cars or pedestrians were involved, and the driver didn't even have a scratch on him, despite the car fell about 30 feet.

How much do you want for the battery? What amperage could you charge at? Are you willing to share the VIN?

I don't have any idea how much it worth. I'd like to get a fair price for it, make an offer in private. The car supposed to have the "High Amperage Charging Update", so it should be on par with the charging capacity of the 2017-2018 models. The car was able to charge with 130kW once at a Supercharger if that matters.

No one has brought up the insurance angle so I feel the need to mention this in case it's not obvious: if you are filing an insurance claim and they deem it a total loss, they have the right to salvage your vehicle to offset their claim costs. If they find that you've been selling off parts you might lose your ability to file a claim with your insurance company. Of course if you don't have collision insurance then this isn't really an issue and salvaging yourself would be the best course of action.