Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X delivery - any help / ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my P100D X on the 25th April, a few weeks later got the order forums where I uploaded my licence photo etc.
RN109331768 is the order number displayed - as yet the website still says 'We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.'

I'm sure this is probably a regular question, but I'm currently overseas working, and not having a specific person I can call just to get an update is a weird feeling!

Any ideas on when I can expect another update or even delivery?

Hopefully so! I arrive home July 9th but it would be nice to have the payment in order etc as I was hoping to collect right away after returning. With no means of getting a bit of reassurance from a local car dealer this isn't a process I'm especially used to.

how do you know it's on a boat?

Model-S/X orders used to get that information "Built to order" so to speak. Model-3 definitely not (assignment of VIN to Order is not done like that)

Whether Model-S/X still intend to do that, or follow Model-3 "assign VIN from stock" I don't know

If VIN-assigned-from-stock then any indication you get from Sales is ... just that

I had an MX on order from early May and was told that it would come late July/August even though the website said June. In the end I changed my mind and took new inventory stock which I received about 3 weeks after placing the order. The last I heard of the custom order was that it was on train from Fremont so likely to be on the same ship. It must feel like Christmas will never come ;)

Reactions: GraemeS
Just to say out of nowhere my account updated with a delivery of 25th July at Heathrow - and then I got two actual phonecalls from humans at Tesla which was a novelty, regarding finalising the remainder of my payment - ha I guess that would get them moving eh.

Pretty excited. A fairly long wait but I was away on business for a large chunk of it so it hasn't been an issue. I've also got myself 3 cans of matte black plasti-dip to get rid of the evil chrome asap, I'll document how that pans out, I've done a fair bit of masking and spraying in my time and it looks fairly idiot-proof.

Reactions: GraemeS
Just to say out of nowhere my account updated with a delivery of 25th July at Heathrow - and then I got two actual phonecalls from humans at Tesla which was a novelty, regarding finalising the remainder of my payment - ha I guess that would get them moving eh.

Pretty excited. A fairly long wait but I was away on business for a large chunk of it so it hasn't been an issue. I've also got myself 3 cans of matte black plasti-dip to get rid of the evil chrome asap, I'll document how that pans out, I've done a fair bit of masking and spraying in my time and it looks fairly idiot-proof.

Congrats! It's funny there's not more than 1 week notice - they must have known it was coming! Anyway, enjoy it. And hopefully mine's not too far behind!