Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery location cannot be determined

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking at purchasing an existing stock model y, and there’s recently been some very low mileage “demo vehicles” added to the list, but when selecting them they all state “delivery location cannot be determined for postal code x, you can proceed with the order now, this will be confirmed once a delivery location is identified”

Is there any way to find out where these vehicles are, or if it turns out they are massively far away will I be able to refund the reservation fee?

Is there any way to find out where these vehicles are

Welcome to Tesla ... and "Sorry about that" ...

There have, also, been stories that Inventory cars, listed as "available" are anything but .. and up to 8 weeks to make them "ready". Even when delivery location was provided it was then changed (sometimes to the other-end-of-the-country, not just "somewhere nearby"), or postponed, a day or two before collection - after the new owner had arranged to take time off work, bought a non-changeable rail ticket etc. etc.

I haven't read of those for a month or two, so maybe Tesla have tidied up their act.

Chances are extremely high that you will be delighted with the car when you get it (some aeen't, but I don't read of many), but the bit between Order and Take Possession is condescension of the first order. If you can cope with that then Press On.