Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delivery Experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious as to what other peoples' delivery experience has been like. Mine seemed confused and I wasn't really sure what was going on until about 30 minutes before I actually got the X.

Background: I'm in Las Vegas. I ordered my X at the dealership on Dec 17th and it was delivered on Dec 26th, I can't complain about that wait but the process was really confusing. I'm curious as to whether this is normal for Tesla or just because of the end of the year/holiday season.

I went to the dealership on the 17th, was told I would get my X on the 26th... all sounds great. I put the $2500 down and filled out the financing stuff. Got approved, then got a text that I could pick it up at a local location (not the dealership). Then the dealership called and said it would be delivered to my house. No problem, that's great I thought. Then I got another call from a Tesla rep in CA who said I have to be at the dealership at a certain time to pick it up. Then I got an email from the dealership saying they couldn't do a delivery on site that day and they could meet me at a shopping center about 20 minutes away....

At this point I'm kinda like wtf, I'm buying a $100+k SUV from you and you can't even agree on where it is or how to pick it up? So I emailed back to say that if you're willing to meet me at a shopping center in town, then just bring the car to my house. No response and I had about given up hope, then I get a call about 20 minutes before the scheduled time of delivery that they are on their way. The delivery guys showed up and were very professional, the X is great, but the whole process from order up until delivery was very convoluted and I never felt like I knew what was going on.