Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X falcon wing door water intrusion when opening doors in rain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone still get fobbed off by service centers saying water intrusion is 'normal' in rain with FWDs show them how it should work.

Rain is hard to video but you can hear it and see against the background, no hint of water in the car. Been like this since day 1, 2017 X.

Have any other Model X owners been experiencing this problem?

I recently went in for service for our Tesla Model X wing door seal water intrusion problem. We’ve been experiencing problem from the very beginning and have been in service countless times with temporary fixes (each time, the fixes only last for a few months) Now Tesla service is telling us that there is nothing that can be done and this is a common problem with all the Model X's. I’m still covered under warranty, but now I’m being told it’s going to be a $400 fix to replace the wing door seals and being told that Tesla is not covering it under warranty!!

Hey, just curious if you got this fixed. I discovered this problem yesterday during some heavy rain and really hoping there is a reliable fix. I don’t know how my family can use this car if not.

After two years of ownership, I've experienced intermittent rain intrusion via the FWD.

What I observed is that when the car sits in rain and the rain collects on top of the FWD in large drops, that's when I get the worst intrusion, especially when i get rain after a good cleaning of the glass. When I'm driving and come to a stop in rain and open the doors, there's absolutely no intrusion as the water has not had a chance to settle on top of the doors. Same as when the car is dirty as the water doesn't collect up in drops on the glass.

I'll take a closer look at the seals when I go to apply the half round trim but I don't really see a place where the water could be channeled through, thought I have not looked too closely.