Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Front Windshield Wiper Blades Not User Serviceable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just found these: SUMKS Windshield Wiper Blades with Spray Bar for Tesla Model X https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082SQDB7R/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_qwqiEb3GW5R5K
I don't know anything about them.

I saw these just today. Only problem is the delivery date is the middle of March, but the listing says that they ship in 2-3 days. Not sure what to trust. I have mobile service coming out next week, but it seems crazy. I may stop by my local SC and see if I can't buy them and install myself. Looks pretty easy.

I just found these: SUMKS Windshield Wiper Blades with Spray Bar for Tesla Model X https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082SQDB7R/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_qwqiEb3GW5R5K
I don't know anything about them.
I received them and they are identical to the original ones. I have not installed them yet as I was able to fix the original one that broke in the car wash.
Quite frankly, I don't understand the complaints about the wipers. I live in Florida (we get plenty of rain!) and have had zero problems with the wipers in the past year and a half. I still have the original (repaired from breaking in the car wash) wipers on the car.

I received them and they are identical to the original ones. I have not installed them yet as I was able to fix the original one that broke in the car wash.
Quite frankly, I don't understand the complaints about the wipers. I live in Florida (we get plenty of rain!) and have had zero problems with the wipers in the past year and a half. I still have the original (repaired from breaking in the car wash) wipers on the car.

Interesting. How did you repair them? Did you just use a pair of pliers to get the clip to re-seat on the wiper body?

But the clip (the part that inserts into the wiper arm) stayed attached to the wiper body? The entire wiper fell off of the clip and the clip stayed attached to the wiper arm in my case.

I was being lazy about clearing snow/ice off the blade by sticking my hand out the window and letting the wiper ride up over my fingers, and then attempting to lift the wiper and letting it fall back on the windshield. Instead it got caught in the top of my knuckle and broke off. A whole 'nuther definition of knucklehead! :oops:

But the clip (the part that inserts into the wiper arm) stayed attached to the wiper body? The entire wiper fell off of the clip and the clip stayed attached to the wiper arm in my case.

I was being lazy about clearing snow/ice off the blade by sticking my hand out the window and letting the wiper ride up over my fingers, and then attempting to lift the wiper and letting it fall back on the windshield. Instead it got caught in the top of my knuckle and broke off. A whole 'nuther definition of knucklehead! :oops:

Correct, the clip and hose were still attached to the wiper arm. The plastic from the wiper arm was slightly damaged where it connected to the clip that connects to the metal arm, but I was able to re-insert with some effort it and it has been working fine ever since.

Correct, the clip and hose were still attached to the wiper arm. The plastic from the wiper arm was slightly damaged where it connected to the clip that connects to the metal arm, but I was able to re-insert with some effort it and it has been working fine ever since.

Oh, so that is the same failure mode everyone here is talking about, I think. Besides the wiper fluid coverage issue. I've seen a little of that, but I just let it run a bit longer. Liked that one guy's simple solution of putting the extra nozzle inline.

Subscribing to this thread. Our 2020 X wipers have only been used a handful of times. One direction they are great and the other direction they smear the driver side so badly that it's unsafe to drive. I assumed the windshield or wiper had some sort of nasty film on it or something but no improvement after cleaning. I have a mobile appointment already scheduled for this Thursday so hoping to catch them in time to bring a new set of blades in case assuming that's all it is.

Subscribing to this thread. Our 2020 X wipers have only been used a handful of times. One direction they are great and the other direction they smear the driver side so badly that it's unsafe to drive. I assumed the windshield or wiper had some sort of nasty film on it or something but no improvement after cleaning. I have a mobile appointment already scheduled for this Thursday so hoping to catch them in time to bring a new set of blades in case assuming that's all it is.

That sounds like the issue I had, caused by the blade arm being at an incorrect angle. They have a service procedure and tool to align the arm to the glass so if wipes the same in both directions.

• Informative
Reactions: Art VandeIay