Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X FSD Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are so excited, we could finally get a Model X!! It has everything we wanted except it's only a 75D. It's a 2018 with 7k miles fully loaded otherwise, including FSD.

My question is how do I tell if it has the Hardware GPU upgrade (I think it would not) and how do I schedule this? Does Tesla just reach out when it's available?

This is my first post to the forum, and I know every enthusiast forum has its own decorum so I hope it's ok to ask this kind of question. I searched for the answer and can't seem to find how you would tell if the hardware UPG is done already. Excited to participate in the future with everyone!

P.S. This is our 4th EV. We have a Fiat 500e, Ford Focus Electric and an Energica Ego+

We are so excited, we could finally get a Model X!! It has everything we wanted except it's only a 75D. It's a 2018 with 7k miles fully loaded otherwise, including FSD.

My question is how do I tell if it has the Hardware GPU upgrade (I think it would not) and how do I schedule this? Does Tesla just reach out when it's available?

This is my first post to the forum, and I know every enthusiast forum has its own decorum so I hope it's ok to ask this kind of question. I searched for the answer and can't seem to find how you would tell if the hardware UPG is done already. Excited to participate in the future with everyone!

P.S. This is our 4th EV. We have a Fiat 500e, Ford Focus Electric and an Energica Ego+

If it has recent software 2019.40.* (I think) it should have a switch on the AutoPilot page for "Enable Preview". I don't know the status of seeing traffic cones since they added the switch and the newer release. Before the UI switch to enable preview you would see plenty of traffic cones with HW3. The UI switch won't be visible with older HW. I think the release notes are also conditional based on hardware.

It highly likely does not have HW3, but you should get it.

If it has recent software 2019.40.* (I think) it should have a switch on the AutoPilot page for "Enable Preview". I don't know the status of seeing traffic cones since they added the switch and the newer release. Before the UI switch to enable preview you would see plenty of traffic cones with HW3. The UI switch won't be visible with older HW. I think the release notes are also conditional based on hardware.

It highly likely does not have HW3, but you should get it.

Thank you! I have 2019.40.50.7 and can confirm, I do not see traffic cones. The truck does need a minor warranty service the passenger side front fender camera is a little loose. I scheduled it and put in the notes it was not urgent and I could wait until HW3 was available to do it at once.

Hi Meccanica,

That is a good mfg. date for HW2.5 and you should get the upgrade soon...
(In a few months)
There is an acquaintance here who has a June 2018 and has not yet been upgraded.
I think it will be a good signal for you when he is upgraded.

Mine is a March 2018 FSD purchased with the car and was upgraded last December...

Good luck,

Shawn

Hi Meccanica,

That is a good mfg. date for HW2.5 and you should get the upgrade soon...
(In a few months)
There is an acquaintance here who has a June 2018 and has not yet been upgraded.
I think it will be a good signal for you when he is upgraded.

Mine is a March 2018 FSD purchased with the car and was upgraded last December...

Good luck,

Shawn

Thank you for this background info :) - I will stay tuned in to the forum