Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Model X hitch cover, early version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
First lost the pin, then the whole cover.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 284
I've been through this with my SC. To use the new style, you need a rear underbody panel as well as the new cover. I think it's much more secure but I doubt your SC will comp you one. Still, worth asking. It is just a bunch of screws (around 30) to remove and reattach.

New plan: new underbody panel design will happen next time I get to the service center.
Can we name a car with mostly new and improved parts an Autonic? My X has about a dozen new part numbers since it was built, with more coming.

I lost mine too. Asked the service center to order me two, (I’d pay for them) never followed up. I was thinking of cutting one so I’d have a partial cover for schmutz with the hitch installed.
I definitely think a cover is worthwhile. When I installed my Draw-Tite hitch, I was shocked at the amount of gravel and dirt that had accumulated in the underbody panels.