Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X in long term parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
once a year I take a 3 week vacation to go to Europe. We either fly from SF or LA and park our car in a long term parking close to the airport. My Mercury Mariner Hybrid failed to start twice after we were back. In the first time I called my roadside assistance to give me a jumpstart, in the second time I was ready with a jumpstart battery in the trunk so it was a fast solution.

If I park my MX for 3 weeks and no charging station available, what would happen when I am back. I guess MS owners can also relate to this.

Onur

once a year I take a 3 week vacation to go to Europe. We either fly from SF or LA and park our car in a long term parking close to the airport. My Mercury Mariner Hybrid failed to start twice after we were back. In the first time I called my roadside assistance to give me a jumpstart, in the second time I was ready with a jump start battery in the trunk so it was a fast solution.

If I park my MX for 3 weeks and no charging station available, what would happen when I am back. I guess MS owners can also relate to this.

Onur

You could find many EV experienced parking lots in either SF or LA. Some, with valet, will even charge your car for you.

So, I would use the remote app to view it and get the phone number to the parking garage to get them to charge it if it's running low.

I like SkyPark in San Bruno when I fly out of SFO. They valet park. You can ask for indoor or outdoor. Free donuts. Fast shuttle to terminal. When you get back, you can use their app to request your car (or send a text). Catch the shuttle back to the lot and your car is there and ready to go. I generally earn enough points from business travel to get free parking for vacations.

Oh, and they'll charge your Tesla.

Reactions: madodel