Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X in the News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mikevbf

Feb 11, 2012
vermont
I am optimistic we will start hearing more about the Model X in the news hence the generalized title. Feel free to add any links you see in the news about the Model X to this thread. Here is one in the second half of the following article which talks about the Model X:

"The Model X, which will borrow much of the Model S underpinnings, is still on schedule for a mid-2014 on-sale date. Tesla CEO Elon Musk cautioned that the launch might be slightly later in the year, noting that he has been "optimistic about projections" in the past.

The Model X development is undergoing the transformation from the functional initial prototype that was unveiled last year to a production-ready prototype. The company will be making final decisions on the interior and exterior dimensions of the car in the first quarter of 2013, Musk said in an interview.

A key part of the Model X will be its dual-motor all-wheel drive system, which Musk predicted would give the crossover "the best road handling of any car in the world." "

Front Page -- Automotive News

Even if this is a repost it was worth it as I never saw these pictures before. Thank You. Now all I need is the price to base my final decision on.

You are welcome. For the last year everyone has assumed the price would be what Elon among other said which is comparable to the Model S. However, the Windsor Star reported Franz saying the following at the Detroit Auto Show:

Though he would not disclose pricing, Franz von Holzhausen, Tesla’s chief designer said Model X will be priced competitively with premium SUVs and about five to 10 per cent more than the Tesla S four-door sedan which starts at $57,400

Electric Tesla Model X to compete with premium SUVs, minivans | Windsor Star

I had toyed with the idea of buying a Model S and X, but after statements like this and reading some of the Model S winter performance threads I have decided I should save up for the Model X and get it just the way I want.

For me "comparable" doesn't mean "same as". I have always expected that the X will cost me slightly more than the S did.

Agree - and I've always assumed that it will be slightly more than whatever the current price of the Model S is, with similar configurations (meaning, pay about the same for performance, but AWD is another story). Franz' comments were completely in line with my expectations.