Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Lease return

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla require the tires to be exactly what came from the factory when returning a leased car?
It came with all season Pirelli Zero Scorpions which are getting worn out.

You can replace them with alternate tires, as long as they get back the original wheels. The tires are expected to be worn, but If they are shot you will likely be dinged for excessive wear. No idea how much they charge for that. I am guessing less than a set of new tires. But you may be able to buy a set of used tires for cheap. You are expected to replace the tires when necessary. The leasing company does a pre-return inspection, they look at the tires and measure the tread depth. You will find out then. My S lease was up with 45,000 miles, tires were replaced around 22,000 (flat tire requiring all four to be replaced, grrrr), but they were fine with mine.

You can replace them with alternate tires, as long as they get back the original wheels. The tires are expected to be worn, but If they are shot you will likely be dinged for excessive wear. No idea how much they charge for that. I am guessing less than a set of new tires. But you may be able to buy a set of used tires for cheap. You are expected to replace the tires when necessary. The leasing company does a pre-return inspection, they look at the tires and measure the tread depth. You will find out then. My S lease was up with 45,000 miles, tires were replaced around 22,000 (flat tire requiring all four to be replaced, grrrr), but they were fine with mine.
thank you for the info. so I don't need to replace them with the Pirelli Scorpions that came with the car correct?

Excess Wear and Use Guide

Let us know how it goes. I’m interested to see if they will change the terms and conditions of the lease return as they did my original lease.

The tires are expected to be worn, but If they are shot you will likely be dinged for excessive wear. No idea how much they charge for that. I am guessing less than a set of new tires. But you may be able to buy a set of used tires for cheap. You are expected to replace the tires when necessary.