Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model x mcu dead

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Lhawki12, Yoliber is correct, It could be simply 12V battery or a failed eMMC in the MCU. Best way is to use your manual to get access to the frunk and jump the 12V battery to start the car.

If it was the eMMC/MCU is likely something on the electrical system would work. So 12V battery is more likely.

It looks like there's no evidence of 12V but why?

Is it just because it's simply the time for a 12V replacement?

or

Is it because of the MCU failure that fails to allow charging the 12V battery and there's nothing wrong with the 12V battery at all?
I was gone in Europe for 2 months came back few days ago car was dead it did say need to replace 12v for one day the screen is still black but i jump the 12v since thin the message is gone but the mcu is still dead

Is it because of the MCU failure that fails to allow charging the 12V battery and there's nothing wrong with the 12V battery at all?
The MCU monitor and allows charging to the 12v battery. That would be the Battery Management System. Most likely it is a bad battery. I am out of warranty and just had my battery replaced by mobile service. It was just over $200 for the replacement.

I was gone in Europe for 2 months came back few days ago car was dead it did say need to replace 12v for one day the screen is still black but i jump the 12v since thin the message is gone but the mcu is still dead

After you replaced the 12V battery, what was the main battery status of charge as shown on your instrument cluster or central display?

And were you able to charge the car at all since then?

Anyhow, you did what you could by replacing the 12V battery. It now ounds like it's time to pay up for Service Center.