TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X Mule Tracking

Discussion in 'Model X' started by fengshui, Jul 21, 2015.

1. fengshui

fengshui Member

Is anyone interested in tracking the Mule Sightings by License Plate number? With some careful examination, we should be able to get a rough count of the total number of mules on the road. Each one has a unique license plate. 63277 is the Tesla Manufactuer ID, but the small vertically oriented letters are unique per vehicle. Shall we track them? I'll start.

B6H - Black Model X with external cameras and spolier, shot in Berkeley, July 21st
    49E - Black Model X, May 4th, 101 by University Exit

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Those MFR plates get swapped between vehicles. You could easily get a mis-count trying to use them to track. To be more sure, you would have to look for a VIN on the vehicle. Not possible from random camera photos at a distance.

3. fengshui

fengshui Member

Ahh. I didn't know that. Well then, I guess it's not a good idea. Oh well. :)

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Some do have numbers on the back. I believe the most recent that we saw was 55.

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Sometimes they put a car # in the back window like this:
    mx38.png

6. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Active Member

Yes, I think we've seen the likes of (don't quite me exactly) 34, 55, 65, 66 in the rear corner window of recent troll sightings. There have been more too.

7. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

lol, this is probably hilariously accurate.