Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X on order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my really first post.
I am trying to figure out 2 things, and would appreciate some feedback from people that have been through that:

-My Tesla page is showing (on the top left):

What's Next?
Your Tesla is currently in production

I am not sure if this message was there before or just appeared, and if this means, that what's next is to expect my car to be in production, or if it actually is currently in production?

-Order placed on 8/26 and confirmed on 8/29.
From what I read, today 9/12 seems a bit early for the car to be in production already?
But if it is, how long does it take (on average) for it to be ready for delivery after it appears to be in production.
I am in SoCal BTW.

Thank you!

Reactions: Peteybabes
Ordered mine on 7/22, confirmed 7/25. Don't know exactly when it went into production but it was sometime in the first week of August if I'm not mistaken. It was in transit by the third week of August and took delivery in the first week of September. Take that for what it's worth but it seems about right.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome!

'In production' means in production (being built). Before that, it said 'scheduled for production', which is what it said after it was confirmed (after the order was three days old).

They are trying to do as many as possible in Q3 and since you are close by, they can deliver you by end of September. Congrats, and welcome to TMC!