Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wired iPhone Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 Model X. My latest iPhone can't be charged in the X because the port in the X (in front console next to the drive/passenger seats) is no longer compatible with Apple products.

Does anyone have a workaround solution to this? Am gazillion years old so, not tech savvy; feel free to educate me! Thanks.

I have a 2018 MX. There are two USB on one 12v plug. Both of the USB's should be usable with an iPhone charge cable, unless you have blown a fuse. You could also use a 12v to USB plug in the 12v round port. I have a cupholder device that plugs into the 12v which gives me a 110v outlet, 4 USB plugs, and battery voltage monitor for the 12v battery that I got off Amazon.

Have you tried multiple cables?

I’m guessing OP is trying to use the USB-C cable that came with the iPhone. If so, that cable won’t work directly because that cable isn’t compatible with the USB-A ports in the MX.

My phone is an iphone 14 and connects fine with a USB-A to lightning cable in my 2019 MX.

OP probably should try a cable that’s USB-A to whatever port is on their phone.

Do you mean the flip-up holder with the lightening plug for older iphones doesn’t work with the newer iphone?
I think you can just replace that lightening cable with one that fits your phone, USB-C?
They used that wired flip up until the wireless one came out in 2020, with the wired one didn’t you choose iphone or android when you ordered it, and they put the proper cord in?