Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x order - confused

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When my brother first bought his (pre facelift) model S you got notifications that it was entering production and how far along it was, then you could see they'd loaded it onto train, then a boat. He's has three other Teslas since and with his Model 3 he ordered, heard nothing at all until getting a delivery date in three weeks and then had to phone up the day before collecting to see if they had actually received his payment as he got no notification and to check the the collection was still happening... oh and could he have the registration plate for insurance.

Exactly the same for me. Pre facelift was full "customer ecstasy" purchase process, as well as ecstasy driving. That has been replaced (replacement MS and M3) with just the ecstasy driving bit.

I don’t see why they can’t let you track that all the way through

"Not a priority". Might just be that the Boss has instructed it to be so ... or that they are working their way down the list of priorities.

But shocking Back Office software has been ... shocking ... for a great many years now. I cannot understand why that hasn't been fixed, I know from my own business life how expensive it is to have to have manual workaround processes. Consider the cost of just the single figure of "Customers repeatedly phoning up to ask for a status update". How come the Payment Status, VIN, etc. is in the source code for the web page, but not actually displayed? I know something about that ... its would definitely be trivial to actually display it ... so I have to assume it is a "Forums have knowledge about source code checking, no rush to fix that" directive ...