Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MODEL X ONE MONTH LATE TO A RECALL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have fallen pretty unlucky here but I feel like with a bit of tugging I could save £1000 in repairs potentially.

I have a 2016 Model X manufactured as tesla claim in NOVEMBER
It has a parking brake issue where the brakes will jam onto the discs, preventing the car from moving unless you force it forward and backward and disengage and engage loads of times

This recall notice by Tesla confirm that they have a parking brake disengage issue for Model S and X vehicles manufactured between February and October 2016

However, they still claim that they "cannot tell exactly which vehicles are affected" so surely my model x which was manufactured only one month after the recall period ended could have the same issue but just got unlucky to not be within that period.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed with this, as It would obviously help me a lot instead of having to pay £1000 for a parking brake replacement which is what my estimate says.

Thank you
1714988535582.png

Hi, I have fallen pretty unlucky here but I feel like with a bit of tugging I could save £1000 in repairs potentially.

I have a 2016 Model X manufactured as tesla claim in NOVEMBER
It has a parking brake issue where the brakes will jam onto the discs, preventing the car from moving unless you force it forward and backward and disengage and engage loads of times

This recall notice by Tesla confirm that they have a parking brake disengage issue for Model S and X vehicles manufactured between February and October 2016

However, they still claim that they "cannot tell exactly which vehicles are affected" so surely my model x which was manufactured only one month after the recall period ended could have the same issue but just got unlucky to not be within that period.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed with this, as It would obviously help me a lot instead of having to pay £1000 for a parking brake replacement which is what my estimate says.

Thank you View attachment 1044757

What did Tesla say when you enquired with them?

How long has this problem been affecting your vehicle? Did you raise a service request? What did they say then?

When i spoke to them they just said that my car doesn't fall under the recall because it was produced in November 2016 and not between February and October 2016.

its so convenient how it faces the exact same issue that the recall states yet it couldve been produced 1 day too late (october 31st and november 1st) but it wouldnt be included in the recall.

Is that all of the time or just some of the time? The recall is for a gear in the brakes breaking, such that it can't apply the parking brake anymore. It sounds like yours is still working, but gets stuck. (Which sometimes is caused by the pads bonding to the rotors, but could be something in the parking brake mechanism getting bound up. It is possible that a good cleaning could fix your issue.)

1715095076335.png