Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be $5K for AWD makes $90K.

There also will be signature Model Xs.

I don't really think that Tesla is being especially precise. So I imagine the standard deviation will be about $2,500 when compared to current Model S pricing.

I also do not interpret comparable to mean exactly. If a certain Model S config is 53,000 and the Model X comes in at 56,000 I still think that's "comparable" at that price range.

I always chuckle when reading comparable. You can compare any two things to find out they are either the same, or very similar, or very different. Cost of aircraft carrier is comparable to cost of lifeboat: $100m is more when compared to $10,000. People expect "similar" when reading "comparable" but there is a loophole.
When spreading the word on Model X pricing, I first mention that the "base model" battery pack is no longer available. Next thing to mention is that the RWD equipped model will share 60% parts with a Model S, including battery pack and drive train. People can figure out the rest by them selves.

I reserved a Model X a couple of weeks ago (P14 EU), but I must say, I am a bit skeptical about the ultimate cost here in Europe.

This is my estimate for the 60 kWh version:

Base Price*:$67,400
AWD:$7,500
Metallic Paint:$750
Glass roof:$1,500
Winter tires:$3,500
Nappa leather:$1,500
Tech package:$3,750
Air suspension:$1,500
European surcharge:$10,000
TOTAL:$97,400
* There's no tax credit here, of course.

The final price depends a lot on how much Tesla chooses to price gouge European customers. But the sad part is, I'm pretty sure the Tesla cars will sell quite well even if they choose to take $20,000 in a additional profits. In comparison to the above, the starting price of a Audi Q7 here is about $148k with no options and the 204 hp engine. (Taxes are brutal.)

I just hope Tesla sees they will be able to sell a lot more cars the lower the pricing is. I wouldn't dream of spending $150k on a car - $100k is pretty much my limit.

Now I'm just waiting to see what comes out of the Geneva Motor Show. The European prices for the Model S were supposed to be announced. If the base price for the 60 kW Model S is something like $90k, it's entirely likely I might as well cancel my reservation. That would indicate the Model X will be out of my price range.

I looked a bit closer at the pictures of the Model X, and it seems you're right. (I thought there were some additional roof panels beyond the Falcon Wing door segments.)

I'm not sure if my cost estimate is inaccurate though - Tesla could easily increase the base cost to compensate for the inability to charge for the panoramic roof. I think the estimate is still plus/minus $5-10,000. (More likely plus than minus.)