Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery in NY on Sunday and so far, it is perfect. All carpets there, speakers perfect (I think), no panel gaps or stains or anything. I actually had two small trunk cover boards so I might have the one that's missing in another vehicle. The only thing I can't get to work is actually the two key fobs. They pair with the car, but the car is totally unresponsive to the buttons on the fob.

Took delivery in NY on Sunday and so far, it is perfect. All carpets there, speakers perfect (I think), no panel gaps or stains or anything. I actually had two small trunk cover boards so I might have the one that's missing in another vehicle. The only thing I can't get to work is actually the two key fobs. They pair with the car, but the car is totally unresponsive to the buttons on the fob.
Congrats! when did you place your order? I am in NJ so this gives me hope that they are starting to make deliveries on the east coast.

Do you mind me asking what charging speeds you are getting at home miles/hour and how many amps you are using? I am trying to decide on my setup and if it’s worth getting the connector that gives you 40amps

Updated issues list as of 12/11/21:

Instances ReportedIssueResolution
1"Model X" Badge only on right FWDOutstanding
1Driver and passenger climate controls linkedOutstanding
2Speaker issuesOutstanding
2Missing floor carpet mats at deliveryDue at service center
2Missing trunk panel - small left pocketDue at service center
1Misaligned FWD glassOutstanding
1Key fobs unresponsive to carOutstanding
1Missing 22" wheel insertsDue at service center
1Stains on chairs and panels.Outstanding
1Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.Outstanding
1Passenger side FWD doesn’t closeOutstanding
1Clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.Outstanding
1Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly.Outstanding
1Clunk sound from front and rear passenger side suspension on uneven surfaces.Outstanding
1Driver side FWD panel rubbing paint off body of car.Outstanding
1Creaking sounds on uneven surfaces. Outstanding

I can’t remember where I read this, but I saw someone post about issues with the fob. He took the battery out and there was a connection issue inside that he was able to fix. May want to google?

Mine issues which have been entered into a service request:

1. Hood misaligned/large gap on right sight
2. Scratches all over the place and missing paint on corner of c pillar (can see metal)
3. Sketchy looking weld in FWD jam
4. One Keyfob not working
5. Rattling/Static in passenger front speaker (noticed this morning)

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
I'm expecting delivery any day now out of a Bay Area dealership. I cruised by and saw the car with my own eyes (matched VINs!), but today upon checking I couldn't find it (I think it was being worked on inside).

But on my first trip an employee there I spoke with (seemed like a manager) emphasized that they will need to do some "serious buffing" on my car before it would be ready to go, but he did say it passed all of their other inspections. He said there were other cars there that they were sending back to Fremont for failing final sign off, with issues that sound like some of those noted here.

So it seems like QC is not uniform across all dealerships... And I imagine "sending the car back to the factory" when that is < 20 miles away vs. across the country is a very different calculus as well.

Hopefully you guys get your issues resolved timely. But, I'm already bracing myself for the inherent punishment of being an early adopter.

I can’t remember where I read this, but I saw someone post about issues with the fob. He took the battery out and there was a connection issue inside that he was able to fix. May want to google?
It feels like that might be the case but I've looked inside and can't see anything wrong. After seeing the issues other people have I'm pretty happy this is the only thing wrong on my end. I've got mobile service for next week to fix.

Do you mind me asking what charging speeds you are getting at home miles/hour and how many amps you are using? I am trying to decide on my setup and if it’s worth getting the connector that gives you 40amps
I'm using a NEMA 10-30 that was already installed in my garage when I got the house. It's a 30A breaker and the car limits it at 24A. I get about 16 miles/hour.

Updated issues list as of 12/11/21:

Instances ReportedIssueResolution
1"Model X" Badge only on right FWDOutstanding
1Driver and passenger climate controls linkedOutstanding
2Speaker issuesOutstanding
2Missing floor carpet mats at deliveryDue at service center
2Missing trunk panel - small left pocketDue at service center
1Misaligned FWD glassOutstanding
1Key fobs unresponsive to carOutstanding
1Missing 22" wheel insertsDue at service center
1Stains on chairs and panels.Outstanding
1Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.Outstanding
1Passenger side FWD doesn’t closeOutstanding
1Clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.Outstanding
1Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly.Outstanding
1Clunk sound from front and rear passenger side suspension on uneven surfaces.Outstanding
1Driver side FWD panel rubbing paint off body of car.Outstanding
1Creaking sounds on uneven surfaces.Outstanding
Wow I can't believe this. Awful. I keep thinking I'm not being picky enough but mine feels flawless aside from the shared key fob issue. I think I have your missing small left pocket trunk panel. Mine came with 2 for some reason.

Got my issues fixed. Glass spine between the FWDs was replaced and installed properly so the gasket doesn't rub. Reinstalled my coat hanger above passenger third row properly as it was crooked. Installed rear mat.

As for the small trunk board on the driver's side, it is part 7 in the parts catalog under rugs and mats. There is no way for them to order it though currently as it has no assigned part number. So I'm stuck waiting. Sounds like someone else got mine here lol.

Also service mode pic as they left it in that for fun:

Attachments

• PXL_20211216_010619569~2.jpg
    PXL_20211216_010619569~2.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 323