Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The purpose of this thread is to document ongoing Model X Refresh issues (for deliveries on or after 10/16/2021). The first X refresh was delivered today!

In the "X Refresh Waiting Room" thread I started an open Google Sheets document to track orders that received over 130 responses and received a great community response. Looking at the Model S Refresh Issues thread there are a number of users reporting issues but no good way to organize or document them. I wanted to bring some organization to the Model X forums and introduce a similar form.

This Google docs spreadsheet is open - anyone can edit it. Please behave yourselves while adding your information and be mindful of data entered by others. Similar to the previous shared spreadsheet in the waiting room thread, I encourage any community members to take ownership and assist in making this form a better shared experience for everyone.

HOW TO USE THIS FORM:
  • Enter your information on a new line below.
  • Index # is used to document identical issues across multiple users. (If you are unsure if another user has the same issue leave this blank.)
  • Use the Filter icon next to each column title to sort by Index, Status, Username or other values.
  • See additional tabs at the bottom for more information.
In addition to this form please continue the conversation in this thread!

Reactions: WTx0
For those of you curious about the order tracking spreadsheet or would like to enter your order information:

43E9F58F-6D24-46AE-84E2-55C1A2B7471D.jpeg

Guess I should post here quick on my 6 seater:
1. Vehicle was missing rear seat mat and small board cover in trunk.
2. Glass piece between FWDs is slightly raised on passenger side and causes gasket rub when opening fully.
3. Autopilot speaker buzzes like no one's business. Music speakers are perfect.
Thanks for the list @Fulkth! Let me know if you notice anything else over this next week so I know what to look for when I pick mine up.

I lost my “estimated delivery January/we are building your car” — now it just says “we’ll let you know when it’s time to schedule your delivery”. There is no estimated delivery date whatsoever. Anyone else have this happen?

Delivered 12/03/2021
MXLR Blue/Black/20”/6 Seater/No FSD

1. Missing trunk tray.
2. Stains on chairs and panels.
3. Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.
4. Passenger side FWD doesn’t close. Thinks something is in the way. I can see the red sensor flashing on the display like something is outside the door.
5 looks like clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.
6. Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly. Completely missed the holes.
7. Clunk sound from front and rear passenger side suspension on uneven surfaces.
8. Driver side FWD panel rubbing paint off body of car.
9. Wipers leaving streaks of I wiped rain.
10. Creaking sounds on uneven surfaces. Probably the FWD and the body.
11. Probably more that is not known…

It’s brand new!!! Needless to say, disappointed and would not recommend Tesla to anyone. Seems like they are taking advantage of buyers with touchless pick up.

Delivered 12/03/2021

1. Missing trunk tray.
4. Passenger side FWD doesn’t close. Thinks something is in the way. I can see the red sensor flashing on the display like something is outside the door.
6. Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly. Completely missed the holes.
7. Clunk sound from front and rear passenger side suspension on uneven surfaces.

It’s brand new!!! Needless to say, disappointed and would not recommend Tesla to anyone. Seems like they are taking advantage of buyers with touchless pick up.

omg that sounds horrible! I am a little scared now... I would be so pissed after waiting almost a year and spending so much money to deal with level of horrible QC.

Reactions: mr-dmitry
Delivered 12/03/2021

1. Missing trunk tray.

Unbelievable. This is a case where I might would actually refuse delivery. Been waiting so long anyway.

Reactions: nmm3
omg that sounds horrible! I am a little scared now... I would be so pissed after waiting almost a year and spending so much money to deal with level of horrible QC.

This has been my fear with the X since 2016. My wife is even more concerned. Our 2016 S was well built but even then it had issues (all cars do except my 2014 Leaf which has only had $100 in wipers and washer fluid plus $600 for new tires in nearly 8 years).

X has so many points of failure. Tesla never figured out how to properly make them. I hope I win the lottery but I won't sign off on delivery without a close examination and inspection. Hopefully my knowledge translates to sussing out issues and vetting whatever car they present to me. I'm not in a huge rush but my 2016 S is showing some age and needed repairs and I want more information to assess my options. Tesla isn't forthcoming.

Reactions: JER85
Delivered 12/03/2021

1. Missing trunk tray.

Hopefully these can all be fixed by a good service center. It is very unfortunate that they think these issues are acceptable on delivery. Your due bill is lengthy and I agree it seems likely that there are latent issues that you'll need to identify which is really unnerving.