Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Return Process and Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am returning my Model X 100D and has the below questions.

1. When I return this car, can I use the existing loan on a new inventory car that I ordered.
2. If the new inventory car has any issues and reject on delivery, can I use the loan on this new inventory car for a new custom order that I placed?

Thanks,
Hemanth

Hi,

1. When I return this car, can I use the existing loan on a new inventory car that I ordered.
2. If the new inventory car has any issues and reject on delivery, can I use the loan on this new inventory car for a new custom order that I placed?

Thanks,
Hemanth

It seems to me, both of these questions should be directed to your lender.

Hi,

Thanks,
Hemanth

Never heard of this the lien is against a VIN ..sounds like new loan to me ;)

Never heard of this the lien is against a VIN ..sounds like new loan to me ;)

You are right. Below is the reply from him.

If you were to take an inventory car, and return it after the loan was been funded; We would have to reprocess the loan for the new custom order vehicle. As long as you are within the 45 day window from when we apply, it will not be another hit to you credit. We will just have to send out new closing documents for the new custom vehicle. I may loose the interest on the old loan until Tesla refunds that amount(1 month).

Reactions: P85_DA
You are right. Below is the reply from him.

If you were to take an inventory car, and return it after the loan was been funded; We would have to reprocess the loan for the new custom order vehicle. As long as you are within the 45 day window from when we apply, it will not be another hit to you credit. We will just have to send out new closing documents for the new custom vehicle. I may loose the interest on the old loan until Tesla refunds that amount(1 month).

Wondering why did you return the original and took another one? Change of specs/color?

I didn't return yet. car seats had blue jean dye and some small cracks to the side of the drivers seat

How long you had your Model X? isn't the return period within 7 days? We exchange post on other thread (about transport fee) in Apr when you were going to take delivery.

BTW, i got inventory MX100D and so far its good.. some small cosmetic things needs to be fixed but Tesla took care of everything.

How long you had your Model X? isn't the return period within 7 days? We exchange post on other thread (about transport fee) in Apr when you were going to take delivery.

BTW, i got inventory MX100D and so far its good.. some small cosmetic things needs to be fixed but Tesla took care of everything.

yes, I took the delivery on April 20th. They waived the 7 days period but I can return in 1000 miles as they didn't send me the pictures. I am trying to get the pictures on another inventory 100D and not getting them as it is a place where they have less people working. But the price is too good for a 100D. 1200 miles car and 83900 price(6 seater, white on white, destination charge and documentation fee included) with free super charging(On road 89140 with tax). But worried that it might also has seat issues. Now has to take the decision of keeping the current car (99.5k on road with tax) or buy the inventory and clean the seats or take delivery of the custom standard range car (97.5K on road with tax)

yes, I took the delivery on April 20th. They waived the 7 days period but I can return in 1000 miles as they didn't send me the pictures. I am trying to get the pictures on another inventory 100D and not getting them as it is a place where they have less people working. But the price is too good for a 100D. 1200 miles car and 83900 price(6 seater, white on white, destination charge and documentation fee included) with free super charging(On road 89140 with tax). But worried that it might also has seat issues. Now has to take the decision of keeping the current car (99.5k on road with tax) or buy the inventory and clean the seats or take delivery of the custom standard range car (97.5K on road with tax)

We took delivery of an inventory 100D last week with some 1477miles and it was great! IMO, those that have 0-50 miles are more iffy to buy coz that means they’re showroom models and the white seats will be really bad worn out! That’s an awesome price for 100D. I figured since it’s our first X, wouldn’t know the difference of the new suspension from the older models. Also, I didn’t experience any of the acceleration shudder on our MX.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA