Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Wash Bay Area CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who can't wash your own car for whatever reasons, where do you get your MX washed in the Bay Area, CA?

Since the MX has so many sensors and cameras all over, I am wondering if I should get it washed at a Lozanos or not? Are there places in the Bay Area that specialize in washing Teslas?

Please post the name and your experience (pics if possible) of getting your Tesla (X or S) washed.

Our Model X has a wrap, I take it to these 4 spots in order of best to okay. I usually only get the outside cleaned.

1. Supreme DetailWorks in San Jose.
Pros:
- Appointment System, you go at your appointed time. No wait.
- No assembly line, they work on your car and your car only
- They steam clean the car
- They are detailers, not regular car wash companies who do things by volume. If you also care about swirl marks, this is the way to go.

Con:
- Pricey (About $50-60 for exterior/ $100-135 for interior and exterior) for an every week kind of place

2. Pacific Hand Car Wash in Campbell.
Pros:
- $40-55 for interior and exterior wash
Con:
- Wait times can be 30 minutes to more than 2 hours. This is the wait time before your car gets cleaned!

3. New Bay Car Wash in Santa Clara or San Jose Auto Steam Cleaning in downtown San Jose
Pros:
- Cheap hand car wash ($15!!!) for exterior
- Fast. You are in and out in 10-15 minutes
Con:
- If you care about swirl marks on your car, not the place to go (our car has a full wrap so kind of protected)

~$7 at my corner gas station and my car comes out clean as expected. No swirl marks nor scratches.
Rarely I let my cars have heavy dirt buildup. If there was any, I would spray/rinse those areas clean before taking it to the carwash.
Any water streaks from the drive home, I wipe away with a damp cloth.

Hi @bayx It looks like you are in SF. If you venture up to Marin, there is a good carwash company with 3 locations in Marin. Shineology (used to be Brushless Car wash) is in Strawberry/Mill Valley, Greenbrae and San Rafael. They wash Teslas for the Service Center and Store in Marin. So know Teslas very well. An added plus, since I have 21s with rim guards, they will wash my car by hand for the same price. No rack to go down that usually tears off the rim guards. Recommended.

• Informative
Reactions: bayx
If you're in the Mid-Peninsula, I recommend Aqua Hand Wash in South San Francisco. This is a hand car wash and they do a great job on my Model 3.

Here is a Groupon: https://www.groupon.com/biz/south-san-francisco-ca/aqua-handwash-and-gas

Did you use a Groupon when bringing your Model 3 for a wash? I brought my previous car there once and when it was done there were a lot of missed spots which I noticed after a quick walk around while parked just after they finished. I wonder if the Groupon would factor in any quality issues lol.