Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Would Compel You To Upgrade to a Future Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My feeling on the future of the X : Tesla only builds the S/X for sentimental reasons now. As soon as the company is in a tough financial position they will completely cancel the S/X program and lay off those employees. 95% of sales are 3/Y and the company focus is now autonomy and robotaxi (compact), sedan (3), Crossover (Y), and truck (Cyber). There is no further focus on luxury at Tesla anymore.
With a toddler to load in, I still prefer the X the most. For me to upgrade I would need:
X Long Range : another $10K price drop from here.
Y : MUCH more comfortable ride quality like my old Lexus, quieter cabin, more luxurious interior.

Reactions: EbS-P
My feeling on the future of the X : Tesla only builds the S/X for sentimental reasons now. As soon as the company is in a tough financial position they will completely cancel the S/X program and lay off those employees. 95% of sales are 3/Y and the company focus is now autonomy and robotaxi (compact), sedan (3), Crossover (Y), and truck (Cyber). There is no further focus on luxury at Tesla anymore.
With a toddler to load in, I still prefer the X the most. For me to upgrade I would need:
X Long Range : another $10K price drop from here.
Y : MUCH more comfortable ride quality like my old Lexus, quieter cabin, more luxurious interior.
I think you are right. It makes me sad that Tesla doesn’t make more models or something in between the Y and X. $30,000 is still a big difference between them.

X with 20” wheels, in grey, with your choice of interior color, is just under $80k — less tax credit makes it a $72k vehicle….still a chunk of change but, at least in my opinion, a lot of car for the money. Our last one was $40k more with less tech, old interior, and less range.

X with 20” wheels, in grey, with your choice of interior color, is just under $80k — less tax credit makes it a $72k vehicle….still a chunk of change but, at least in my opinion, a lot of car for the money. Our last one was $40k more with less tech, old interior, and less range.
You are 100% correct. I really wanted a Model X that qualified for the tax rebate. But black interior looked too bland to my eyes, especially on a stealth gray. So as soon as the price drop last week, I jumped on an inventory stealth gray on white interior that now qualifies for the tax credit. I also wanted a yoke, and it sounds like the model X can be retrofitted to a yoke after purchase, which I plan to do