Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X weights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking through the weights for the model X:

75D: 2330 kg
90D: 2391 kg
100D: 2459 kg
Standard range raven: 2407 kg
Long range raven: 2469 kg

Why does the standard range raven weigh more than the 75D and the 90D while the long range raven only weighs 10 kg more than the 100D?
I know the batteries are labelled as 75 kWh capacities but could they be labelling them with a reduced capacity than they actually are? I can't think of any other reason for such a large weight difference.

My Long Range Raven's GVWR is 3079 kg 6788 lb). I have the 5-seat configuration, if that makes a difference.
gvwr.png

GVWR it's the maximum operating weight. The ones I looked up above are the weight of the car by itself I think

Which GVWR might also be different in your country due to different equipment and regulations. Tires are a common item that affects GVWR due to the max load capacity of them, but back to your original post.

Looking through the weights for the model X:
Why does the standard range raven weigh more than the 75D and the 90D while the long range raven only weighs 10 kg more than the 100D?
I know the batteries are labelled as 75 kWh capacities but could they be labelling them with a reduced capacity than they actually are? I can't think of any other reason for such a large weight difference.

Equipment adds.

I'm not sure what options your curb weights include; but a standard 75D back in 2016 had very different equipment options. Things that are standard on a "standard range" X today were tick the boxes. On the wiring alone for heated seats, that amount of copper (or other heating element) could add up to significant weight on 5 rear seats.

When you start going through all of the options that is standard today vs yesteryear, that's where the weight comes in.

Now comparatively, look at a 100D. 100Ds were pretty optioned out to begin with. Sure there were some additional options to step up to a P100D, but for the most part they're the same today versus yesteryear. The models of yesteryear even came with more in some cases (ie, 72Amp charger) that isn't available today that lightens it up.

Lastly, pack design. Way back when, when the 100D pack came out it had a new cooling design compared to the 75 and 90 packs. I haven't read extensively about the new packs, but I'm under the impression they're scaled versions of the 100 packs. This means that 75 and 90 cars would have seen any potential weight changes of the new packs, but 100s would not have.

That just starts it, there's so many changes to these cars that it could go on for another dozen pages.