Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Wheels on a Model S!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, just realized the 21" arachnids look very similar to the 20" Cyberstreams. Cyberstream 20s left and Arcachnid 21s right.
aly95238u35_1_d919dffd-4f47-4dad-baab-3e917b63e779.jpg

Reviving thread again.

I had an MXP which I got rid of. I have an MSP on order. I also have a brand new Model X Cyberstream winter tire package that has about 300 miles on it. I've been trying to sell it but no takers.

Since the MSP comes with summer tires, I can't use those in the snow. I could just buy all seasons but then some performance aspects will be compromised. I'd much rather have a second set with winter tires.

Thinking of removing the nearly new Pirelli Scorpions and adding shorter tires to the existing 20" Cyberstreams.
This should still work, right?

Yes, mostly.

and

It looks like your offset will be different by 10mm. But the wheel widths are different as well, so it may not be a huge difference. I would only worry that the tires would come in touch with any part of the suspension/chassis.

Yes, mostly.

and

It looks like your offset will be different by 10mm. But the wheel widths are different as well, so it may not be a huge difference. I would only worry that the tires would come in touch with any part of the suspension/chassis.

Offset on rear is 10 mm less but width is 10 vs 10.5 so just about offsets the offset. The outside of the rim will be 10 mm further in which might look weird? Not sure. I will only be using them with dedicated winter tires, so I'm not worried about maximum cornering/handling.

I preferred the look of the 21-inch Tesla Model S Arachnids on my X. I am running 25mm spacers upfront and 30mm in the rear. Cross Climate 2 wheels
I’ve never owned an X but this is exactly what I would do if I did. I did opt for 20” Model X wheels on my Model S which seemed, at least to me, to be the Goldilocks size option. 21s on an X would fall into the same category. Well done.