Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x windshield sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes...very negligent on TSLA's part. I raised that issue back in Nov. for medical reasons. Obivously my suggestion fell on deaf ears. I was fortunate that our 2016 used X did have the front windshield sunscreen included. But I had a private sale on standby as a backup.

In AZ, I have been using it since June. Its just too hot not to.

my model X delivered 8/2018 did not come with a windshield sunshade and I can’t find the sunshade on the Tesla website or any aftermarket sites. Any resources on how to get one?
You're definitely going to want that. Though even with the Sunshade a lot of heat radiates off the glass. I shoved in a reflector and then a sunshade to fix that. Cheaper than a tint, but you can't see through it :(

You know, I began picking through the piles of stuff that I got when I picked up the car and put in the frunk, a year later, almost. I found one large flat package in plastic I had forgotten about. I opened up and unfolded it and it looked like a windshield cover. However it did not fit, kept slipping off... until I figured out it was not for the front of the windshield, but for the overhead part of the windshield! Fits perfectly and cut out some of the overhead glare!

I wonder if they are still including that in the Model X orders now? It is handy.

You know, I began picking through the piles of stuff that I got when I picked up the car and put in the frunk, a year later, almost. I found one large flat package in plastic I had forgotten about. I opened up and unfolded it and it looked like a windshield cover. However it did not fit, kept slipping off... until I figured out it was not for the front of the windshield, but for the overhead part of the windshield! Fits perfectly and cut out some of the overhead glare!

I wonder if they are still including that in the Model X orders now? It is handy.

My September 2018 Model X came with one in the frunk. I had no idea it would come with it and have not seen it mentioned many places.

Best thing to do is to get the front windshield tinted by a competent installer. I recommend using Llumar startos clear which doesnt darken your windshield. I pretty much blocks out all the heat coming in. I had this installed on my MX, all windows for about $1k. I can now drive around in 90+F heat with my AC fan setting on 2 comfortably.

• Informative
Reactions: LoveMX