Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model XLR Yoke wheel + no stok

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently own MYLR '21
I have an order on to purchase MXLR howeveri just rented an X 2022 to see if I would like it. The ride is superior however I really did not like Yoke wheel or the lack of turn signal and shift stalk. I hear I can order a round wheel, but to pay ~$120,000 for a car then add an after market steering wheel seems a little ridiculous.
I have asked numerous people about the Yoke most people say I'd get comfortable with it okay maybe but the lack stalks🤔

I got accustomed to the yoke in a day. And the expectation of stalks went away for me after a few days. The signal button on the bottom indicates left like moving the stalk down, and the signal button on the top indicates right just like moving the stalk up. With the yoke your thumb is right next to these buttons.

For me the biggest issue is the horn as a button. Some people put a silicon bumper dot over the button, so it looks different and feels different.

Reactions: jonzcfo and Tz00
Some interesting YT videos (github source) below. I thought there may end up being a 3rd party building it but I haven't heard of one yet. UPDATE: End of TMC thread below explains that tho.

Model S Plaid owner reverse engineers Tesla Yoke with a Model 3 steering, makes stalks work (video, hack details)

TMC thread: Work in progress: stalks on 2021 Model S. (and optional round-y wheel)

Last edited:
We just got a Model X a few years months ago after having all the other Teslas (except the roadster). I LOVE the yoke, when I go back to my 2012 Model S it seems like the stalks are buggy whips. it takes a few days/weeks to get used to it depending how often you drive, but it feels very antiquated to go back to stalks after driving it, IMHO.