Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y and Iphone 14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. My boss took delivery this week of a new model Y Long range She had a model 3 and everything was working fine. she is unable to access here full contacts and only about a 3rd displaying. When she uses voice control the screen brings up a number but is not the correct number for the contact and she ends up ringing someone else. Any hints suggestions how to overcome this.

thanks

Graeme

Try rebooting the Infotainment computer by pressing and holding the left and right scroll wheels on the steering wheel for ~10 seconds (while parked.)

Also, try unpairing and then repairing the iPhone 14.

New Tesla vehicles are delivered with factory software which is not the latest release. After several weeks the Tesla Model 3 will download, ask to install a newer version of Tesla software. The fix for the phone contacts, phone numbers may have to wait for the software update to be resolved.

I noticed the other day that voice control isn't 100%, duh.

Take for example, I wanted to navigate to Thackeray Lane. Even though I pronounced it with a "th" sound, it would pull up Zackary and fail at finding the road. I had to pronounce it with a "d" ("dackeray") to get it to pull up Thackeray.

This may or may not be fixable... but it also has a LOT to do with each persons way of pronunciation.

Since I was 3, I lost all hearing in my left ear. And that effects how I hear and speak. Mostly, the issue is that I'm usually louder than intended, but there are subtle "accents" in my pronunciations and probably "speech impediments" too (not significantly noticeable in everyday conversation).

But even for the general public, there can be similar "accents" that can cause the voice controls to fail sometimes.

So, if its picking up the wrong contact... there may or may not be a fix, ever.

On a side note, in the HR-V I had, when setting up speed dial option in vehicle, it allows me to record a voice clip of the name. Which was something I had to do because there were a couple of names that the voice "recognition" would always pick up as something else. So maybe the Tesla software might need something like that option.