Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model Y as a limo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP Here
So you guys are thinking of big Hollywood events where Tom Hanks steps out of a Limo. Behind the scenes on a movie shoot its not quite like that.

I was working a big budget movie in November. I needed a ride back to my car so I hopped in one of the Dodge Caravans that they use to shuttle people around. I talked to the driver and the last person he had driven was one of the stars from "Big Bang Theory" to the airport. Star are defiantely treated well (as well as crew) but there is not a lot of glamour or luxury behind the scenes. Maybe one or two stars on a big budget Film or TV show will get a dedicated car and driver. The car will often just be a Chevy Suburban.

Personally, the nicest car I have seen was a model S that was for Woody Harrelson. That was kind of the inspiration for my idea, but there just aren't that many A-list people here that would demand an X or S. I aiming for a much broader market of B-list celebs who have enough pull to get their own car.

I do appreciate the input
Just get a Chevy bolt and pack some bologna sandwiches in case they are hungry.

OP Here
So you guys are thinking of big Hollywood events where Tom Hanks steps out of a Limo. Behind the scenes on a movie shoot its not quite like that.

I was working a big budget movie in November. I needed a ride back to my car so I hopped in one of the Dodge Caravans that they use to shuttle people around. I talked to the driver and the last person he had driven was one of the stars from "Big Bang Theory" to the airport. Star are defiantely treated well (as well as crew) but there is not a lot of glamour or luxury behind the scenes. Maybe one or two stars on a big budget Film or TV show will get a dedicated car and driver. The car will often just be a Chevy Suburban.

Personally, the nicest car I have seen was a model S that was for Woody Harrelson. That was kind of the inspiration for my idea, but there just aren't that many A-list people here that would demand an X or S. I aiming for a much broader market of B-list celebs who have enough pull to get their own car.

I do appreciate the input
You invited the thinking by your heading - model Y as a "limo". If your not lookin for that "limo" image, you would be better off with a Chrysler Pacifica hybrid over a Tesla Y. Much more room and at low speeds will have that whisper quiet electric drive. For a "transport" vehicle you want something that is easy to get in and out and has room. If price is a concern and you want a Tesla - get a used X or even a S.