Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y austin delivery quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my model Y from Austin and would like your opinion as this is my first tesla

1) I feel the window gap is huge, or is this normal?
CEAD9EFC-BB51-41BD-AA4D-A4829B5634F6.jpeg

3B5D27C1-42B8-44FD-B297-552DF3D57630.jpeg

2) I don’t feel this is a big gap but I opened a ticker for it
9961CCD8-6F2F-4737-9C5C-8FDCFA577851.jpeg

Vs the other side which looks good
70B90A23-3335-49F2-A77C-576D61CE14F7.jpeg

3) I have an iPhone 14 Pro max with a very light case and it only charges on the passenger wireless side but never charges on driver wireless side. Is this normal? Only when I take off the case then it is able to charge on the driver side but have to wiggle it a little

4) this is the most concerning thing to me and would love to know if this is normal. My car was sitting in the garage and I kicked off the heat to preheat the car before heading out. When I went downstairs I heard this noise . It lasted for a little but then got lowered after a few min

Congrats on the new ride.

1. & 2. I don’t feel like any of those gaps are something worthy of panel rearrangement, but that’s just my opinion. Some folks are more anal about this than others, so if it bothers you then have Tesla service your car. We just took delivery of ours the other day and I couldn’t really see myself giving the car back to Tesla so they can squeeze and push some panels a millimeter or 2 (I’m actually more nervous they’d cause issues elsewhere).

3. I also have a 14 Pro Max and have no issues wirelessly charging with the Apple leather case on the phone.

4. Can’t comment on this yet. Had our MY less than 24h!

Reactions: coolmike673
Welcome to the Tesla Fam!

The gaps all appear to be fine from what I can see. The window is a frameless window so you will see the seal exposed inbetween. The lift gate gaps have been an issue since the start of production. You can ask Tesla to adjust but if you do one of two things happens. Either they say its within spec or they attempt to adjust and its misaligned or worse. My suggestion would be to not worry about it.

The iPhone has been an issue for a while. You can try placing the phone upside down but most likely you will not be able to charge unless the case is removed unfortunately. The combo of the large camera bump and case creates enough of a gap to prevent wireless charging.

The last issue is the heat pump. Totally normal. Owning a Tesla is a whole different world. You will hear all kinds of strange sounds. Here is a link to normal operating sounds so you know what to expect. If you hear other strange sounds though then it is worth investigating.

FWIW wireless charging was also an issue with the iphone 13 as well. On the older Model Y center console you could replace the wireless charging pad with the Jeda wireless charging pad. That would fix the iphone charging issue.

If the SC gives you a fix for the wireless charging please come back and let us know. BTW you got the color I wish I would have went with (Deep Sea Blue). I like my MSM but everytime I see the blue I wish I'd chosen it instead.