Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't understand why you are blaming me. If you had a contractor working for won't u ask once they start to do something more. If contractor says he can do it we pay them or if he says cant or its more expensive leave it. If a guy does not know what he is doing says he can do and messes up i am the one at loss not him. Cant believe you guys are defending a bad job.
Interesting. When my electrician and I were setting up the job, yep,m he wanted to use NM stuff. Since I had just gone through this with my solar, and they had to come out and replace their nm6 with nm4, I knew folks can put in the wrong stuff, AND the inspector missed it and signed off. (If the installer had not changed, he was going to be forced to pull the final signed permit back which he had never done, but found out it was wrong.)
So I told him I want #6 seperate wires in conduit, plus use I believe 125c rated wiring which I believe is now good to 75amps.
So, I tried to cover myself since the cost is not the material, but the installation as we all know. Plus each of my 5 charging stations are seperate breakers into a 200 amp subpanel feed. So I should be all set to have fun. I just want to know when the gen 4 home charger is coming out. :)

Interesting. When my electrician and I were setting up the job, yep,m he wanted to use NM stuff. Since I had just gone through this with my solar, and they had to come out and replace their nm6 with nm4, I knew folks can put in the wrong stuff, AND the inspector missed it and signed off. (If the installer had not changed, he was going to be forced to pull the final signed permit back which he had never done, but found out it was wrong.)
So I told him I want #6 seperate wires in conduit, plus use I believe 125c rated wiring which I believe is now good to 75amps.
So, I tried to cover myself since the cost is not the material, but the installation as we all know. Plus each of my 5 charging stations are seperate breakers into a 200 amp subpanel feed. So I should be all set to have fun. I just want to know when the gen 4 home charger is coming out. :)
I'm coming over, I need a charge!