Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Clicking/Ticking Interior Noise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am noticing that around 50% of the time, there's this strange clicking/ticking noise in my 2023 model Y. It sounds like it's coming from either the roof or the back seat somewhere? I've attached a video here as reference.

Does anyone know what the cause of this noise might be? How can I fix this?

I also have notices a clicking noise but it happens when my air conditioning is running so I assume it is something to do with the air vents? Haven't found a solution my wife and I think it is something to do with the air vents -- let me know what you find -- drive without air on and see if you get the clicking and then turn on the air.

Upvote 0
Not sure if it was exactly your noise, but for 6 months I had a more or less constant tick-tick-tick coming from the rear of the interior, especially over uneven road surfaces. Seemed to come and go with temperature changes. Tesla diagnosed the rear hatch seal and replaced it under warrantee. Gone. In hindsight, I probably could have fixed it with rubber lubricant.

Upvote 0