Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y completely reset itself today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did this happen to anyone else? My phone stopped seeing my vehicle. Went outside to check on it, and the screen showed an update, but the software version is the same (2020.39.110). All my settings were wiped, my phone was unpaired, and the GPS thinks it’s at the factory in California. All driver profiles gone as well. Car is a week old now. Picked it up last Saturday.

Did the same thing to me yesterday except I was already on the latest update (2020.48.35.5). My car is five weeks old and had been sleeping since the previous day. In addition, when I pressed the brake pedal, it would only move slightly. It took several "two-button salutes" to get the car to boot up. Once the car powered-up, everything was reset: profiles, navigation favorites, trip meters, and the GPS was pointing to the factory. However, my streaming favorites were intact (not that important). As soon as I started to drive, the GPS reset to my current location. I have since reset all my settings and hope it doesn't happen again. It would be nice if Tesla had a method to backup your settings to a cloud account.