Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have an experience in how long it takes to take delivery when we could not take delivery the first time. We were assigned a VIN after about 4 weeks, but were unable to take delivery of the vehicle because we were out of town, so Tesla took it away and gave it to someone else. It’s now been another 3 weeks and still no new VIN. When we couldn’t take delivery, did we move back to the bottom of the list? I didn’t think it would take this long. Any perspective appreciated.

Anyone have an experience in how long it takes to take delivery when we could not take delivery the first time. We were assigned a VIN after about 4 weeks, but were unable to take delivery of the vehicle because we were out of town, so Tesla took it away and gave it to someone else. It’s now been another 3 weeks and still no new VIN. When we couldn’t take delivery, did we move back to the bottom of the list? I didn’t think it would take this long. Any perspective appreciated.

I ordered sometime in March. I got my first vin match in early June. Declined and the next vin match came about mid June. When I was finally ready in July I hadn’t been matched again yet so I went to my local Tesla Showroom and had our Sales Associate match us to an available car in Southern California. We were flexible though. My only request was Red. I preferred a non performance due to the recent price drop but told him I’d keep it performance (what I had on order) if that’s what he found. Again super flexible. In the end he matched me within minutes.

I have gathered that the "list" is just based on your region and your particular car. You come off the list when they are batch making cars like yours, not based on some kind of priority. You could order the same exact car today, next week or in two weeks and all the orders would be filled around the same time.

In other words, who knows?