Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following

I am thinking either the Tesla OEM all-weather liners (in stock on tesla.com) or tuxmats (sold out on tuxmat.com). Maybe I might consider tesmanian.

With 2 kids, I am thinking all-weather liners even though it rarely snows in Georgia.

I did read somewhere that new refreshed model is slightly different in fit.

Are you leaning towards a specific brand?

I was debating between 3D Max Spider or Tesmanian.
3D Max spider are expensive and have mixed reviews but Tesmanian is half the price of 3D max spider and also have decent reviews but they look more plasticky

Has anyone used Tesla mats? Are they good? But I believe they don't have trunk and frunk options right?
Not sure if there is another good option and what others are getting?

I love my 3D in the Model Y. They are easy to get in and out and don't slip around. They are grippy and feel good under your feet. I love how easy I can clean these with my pressure washer. They are not so easy to clean with out one. You see, those small holes that you see is very hard to clean and very hard to use any protectant. So, without the pressure washer, they would be a bear to clean and without my paint brush it would be very difficult to spray and wipe any protectant on them. You have been warned.

Reactions: pgcoco
I was debating between 3D Max Spider or Tesmanian.
3D Max spider are expensive and have mixed reviews but Tesmanian is half the price of 3D max spider and also have decent reviews but they look more plasticky

Has anyone used Tesla mats? Are they good? But I believe they don't have trunk and frunk options right?
Not sure if there is another good option and what others are getting?
I bought the Tesmanian floor mats a year ago and I love them. They are plastic but that means they clean easily and wear well. They have a nice texture to them so I don’t find the appearance objectionable. A few years ago I bought husky mats for my daughter’s car and I like the Tesmanian mats far better.

The OEM tesla mats look very nice. Tesla does offer trunk and frunk all-weather mats here so I can get the whole set from tesla.com. Unless tesmanian mats are far superior (and fit better), I don't see a point in buying 3rd party.
I haven't seen the Tesla OEM mats in person to do a direct comparison; they look comparable to the set I got from Tesmanian. a couple things I noticed: the Tasmanian rear mats have a slightly higher lip in front and their trunk/cargo bed mat has a crease in the middle to allow it to fold up easier when accessing the sub-trunk space.

More importantly the Tasmanian mats are significantly cheaper - the entire set will run you $480 from Tesla but only $250 from Tesmanian. If you're just getting the floor mats it's $85 cheaper ($225 vs $140)

There are lots of posts here but nobody has a comprehensive comparison of multiple mats. Any of the Amazon ones are fine, but they don’t have the differentiator of Maxpider, which is the velcro-like grippy hooks on the underside. They keep the mats glued down. Any other mats probably fit in place held by the perimeter, but still have some potential to slide around. That said, the coverage of Tuxmats is superior and I’m going to switch to them.

Reactions: samori01
Just ordered the 3D Maxpider ones from Teslarati. Not crazy about the big 3D logo on them, but every review for them has been glowing. I just ordered the set for the front and back for now. I'm not sure I'm going to need the full set for every trunk/frunk surface yet.

Reactions: Oldguy
I haven't seen the Tesla OEM mats in person to do a direct comparison; they look comparable to the set I got from Tesmanian. a couple things I noticed: the Tasmanian rear mats have a slightly higher lip in front and their trunk/cargo bed mat has a crease in the middle to allow it to fold up easier when accessing the sub-trunk space.

More importantly the Tasmanian mats are significantly cheaper - the entire set will run you $480 from Tesla but only $250 from Tesmanian. If you're just getting the floor mats it's $85 cheaper ($225 vs $140)
do you have any cover for the back of the rear seats when they are folded? Say, to protect from a dog hair or something similar?

The OEM tesla mats look very nice. Tesla does offer trunk and frunk all-weather mats here so I can get the whole set from tesla.com. Unless tesmanian mats are far superior (and fit better), I don't see a point in buying 3rd party.
I actually bought both and compared them side by side. I thought the Tesmanians just felt way too plasticky and cheap. The OEM looks way nicer and has a nicer look and feel, to me. Benefit of Tesmanian is cheaper price, but the cost wasn’t worth it for me and I sold off the Tesmanians.