Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
where did you get the 3D Maxpider mats from? Is there a place besides Teslarati's website?
Amazon appears to have different price, not sure if they are authentic? Or are they?

Reactions: pgcoco
I actually bought both and compared them side by side. I thought the Tesmanians just felt way too plasticky and cheap. The OEM looks way nicer and has a nicer look and feel, to me. Benefit of Tesmanian is cheaper price, but the cost wasn’t worth it for me and I sold off the Tesmanians.
Glad to hear! I just ordered a bunch of things including the OEM all-weather liners yesterday (I live in GA but have 2 kids!). The fobs and the paint protection film are OOS so I'll have to wait for those. But my EDD got postponed to 2/5-3/5 so I have some time 🤣

Last edited:
The Tesla All Weather Mats are made WeatherTech. I've trialed several different mats, but I kept going back to the Tesla All Weather Mats. If you're in a place that has a lot of rain and/or snow, I'd suggest the tesla all weather matts or maybe something with a bit more coverage (tuxmats, etc...).

If you live in an area with little rain (etc), then I'd recommend LDCRS mats, fast shipping, good support, good forum standing, easy to resolve any issues with.

Wow. All of you are amazing. We saw the post and just wanted to chime in that our mats fit the 2022 Model Y's, confirmed with a local TMC member just last week but we came and saw all the positive feedback. Thank you all!

I just got my Lloyd Luxe mats today. They aren't "all-weather", but they are really nice. I'd agree that the stock mats aren't bad at all. The luxe are just more plush (not like shag carpeting or anything), and the are rubber backed. The white stitching looks great too!

There are lots of posts here but nobody has a comprehensive comparison of multiple mats. Any of the Amazon ones are fine, but they don’t have the differentiator of Maxpider, which is the velcro-like grippy hooks on the underside. They keep the mats glued down. Any other mats probably fit in place held by the perimeter, but still have some potential to slide around. That said, the coverage of Tuxmats is superior and I’m going to switch to them.
I have the Tuxmats (haven’t gotten the car yet), but my wife has a Model 3 and the ease with which the side walls get dirty is one of the main reasons I went with them. I did a good amount of video watching on multiple different mats (trying to fill time while waiting for the MY), and the coverage can’t be beaten. They also appear to be easy to vacuum and wipe down but also not as labor intensive to take them out as it appears to be. I will, obviously, be able to give more detail whenever I get this car….

Just ordered the 3D Maxpider ones from Teslarati. Not crazy about the big 3D logo on them, but every review for them has been glowing. I just ordered the set for the front and back for now. I'm not sure I'm going to need the full set for every trunk/frunk surface yet.
From the videos and reviews I have seen, it seems the ldcrs mats do everything the MAXpiders do, including not sliding but do not have that humongous logo on them…I will say although I ordered the Tuxmats, if didn’t want the extra coverage the ldcrs are the ones I would get.

• Love
Reactions: ldcrsmode
I have the 3D Max mats. I like the fact that they are lightweight and the color doesn't seem to oxidize to charcoal gray like rubber mats. On the downside, if you get some good old Ohio mud (read: clay) on them be prepared to do some scrubbing because the surface texture has all kinds of tiny crevices. That being said, still happy I got 'em.

I'm looking for quality carpet floor mats, not all-weather rubber/plastic mats, for a 2022 MY LR. I live in SW Florida so no mud and snow to deal with and I would like to find nice quality carpet mats for the front and rear. I don't mind using a rubber mat for the cargo area or frunk and have ordered ones that I plan to use with the 2022 MY LR that I have on order. I read somewhere that the design needed for the front floor mats for the MY changed in mid-2021 and the mats for the earlier MYs do not fit correctly with the late 2021 and the 2022 MYs. Perhaps someone can confirm if this is correct. Any suggestion for quality carpet floor mats for the latest MYs would be appreciated.

By the way I know the MY comes from the factory with some basic front floor mats, but does it also come with a rear floor mat?

I'm looking for quality carpet floor mats, not all-weather rubber/plastic mats, for a 2022 MY LR. I live in SW Florida so no mud and snow to deal with and I would like to find nice quality carpet mats for the front and rear. I don't mind using a rubber mat for the cargo area or frunk and have ordered ones that I plan to use with the 2022 MY LR that I have on order. I read somewhere that the design needed for the front floor mats for the MY changed in mid-2021 and the mats for the earlier MYs do not fit correctly with the late 2021 and the 2022 MYs. Perhaps someone can confirm if this is correct. Any suggestion for quality carpet floor mats for the latest MYs would be appreciated.

By the way I know the MY comes from the factory with some basic front floor mats, but does it also come with a rear floor mat?
It comes with front and rear, and if you like carpet mats they are nice.
They have Luxe floor mats and some custom carpet mats too, but if I was getting carpet mats I would get them from this guy. Super responsive, great customer service. He also has this very cool shelf that I am leaning towards getting as well. It’s called the ModelYShelf.
The carpets are here and called ModelYMats. Try him out I don’t think you will regret it.

I love my 3D in the Model Y. They are easy to get in and out and don't slip around. They are grippy and feel good under your feet. I love how easy I can clean these with my pressure washer. They are not so easy to clean with out one. You see, those small holes that you see is very hard to clean and very hard to use any protectant. So, without the pressure washer, they would be a bear to clean and without my paint brush it would be very difficult to spray and wipe any protectant on them. You have been warned.
It’s impossible to make my 3d spiders look good. No matter how I clean them or how much pressure washer I use. I think the only way to make them look shiny is to use tire shine.

Reactions: Darmie
It’s impossible to make my 3d spiders look good. No matter how I clean them or how much pressure washer I use. I think the only way to make them look shiny is to use tire shine.
I felt the same about the Weather Tech mats I had in my Honda Accord for the past 8+ years. I could never get them to look like new, whether it was power washing or scrubbing with a brush and soap.

By chance, when I wanted to switch from the carpet mats to the Weather Techs, it was too cold outside to wash them, so I tried washing them indoors using a knock-off brand window cleaner (I think it's called "Good Value") and a scrub brush, rinsed them off in the laundry tub, hit them with a coat of 303 Aerospace protectant (non-slippery, spray on, wipe off, nice matte finish) and they look as close to new as they've ever been. The 303 also seems to help reduce the instant dust/dirt footmarks that appear every time I step in the car with what I think are "clean" shows.

I am now less hesitant about getting the Tesmanians as I assume the plastic is similar, but maybe the glass cleaner/303 combination will work on the 3D Max Spider-type mats as well.

Hope this is helpful.

The stock mats in the Tesla are nice IMO. The Lloyd Luxe mats are really nice. Thicker pile, comfortable on the feet (I like to drive barefoot when I can), and the white stitching is a nice touch. Pardon the particles in the pic. Haven't vacuumed yet.

Attachments

• 20211214_111116.jpg
    20211214_111116.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 564
  • 20211214_111132.jpg
    20211214_111132.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 431
There are lots of posts here but nobody has a comprehensive comparison of multiple mats. Any of the Amazon ones are fine, but they don’t have the differentiator of Maxpider, which is the velcro-like grippy hooks on the underside. They keep the mats glued down. Any other mats probably fit in place held by the perimeter, but still have some potential to slide around. That said, the coverage of Tuxmats is superior and I’m going to switch to them.
I started out with Maxpider for the first and middle rows for my 2021 7 seater Y and found the coverage inadequate with three kids in sports and their dirty shoes last summer. Added Tesmanian mats recently which have much better coverage. The photos show the difference with Maxpider on top of the Tesmanian.

Attachments

• PXL_20211118_002625250.jpg
    PXL_20211118_002625250.jpg
    890.7 KB · Views: 420
  • PXL_20211118_002653142.jpg
    PXL_20211118_002653142.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 375
  • PXL_20211118_002750953.jpg
    PXL_20211118_002750953.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 359
  • PXL_20211118_002828738.jpg
    PXL_20211118_002828738.jpg