Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Front Mud Flapps and rear PPF from factory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
Hello all! I've read conflicting reports that LR AND MYP cars in the PNW (e.g., WA State) now come with front flaps and rear PPF; including the Performance Model. Can anyone personally attest to this from a recent delivery? Pictures? I'm really skeptical that my MYP will deliver with front flaps and rear PPF. I believe I might see rear PPF, but not front flaps, when delivered.

Thanks! 👍

In Boston, the MYs come with mud flaps. I saw a few get delivered on 9/4 when we were taking delivery of my gf’s M3LR. Also asked the SA and he confirmed they come with them.

Not sure about the rear ppf, didn’t ask or look carefully to see if it was there.

Reactions: Lilygolfer
My MYP in WA was offered with Front mud flaps and rear PPF. I rejected the flaps but accepted the PPF. I had already purchased a full set of much nicer flaps.
I was just at the Renton, WA SC and every MY (LR and P) in the lot awaiting delivery were sans front flaps and PPF. So, I went around back and spoke to a service tech. They said you have to buy them and have them installed. Cluster/circle jerk.

• Informative
Reactions: GroovaEV
You can speak to 10 different SA's/Techs and get 10 different answers. Seattle is definitely part of the regions that are being given the PPF/Mudflaps at delivery. I would either schedule a service appointment after delivery or go to a different SC (Northgate, Bellevue, Seattle) and try there. As I referenced in the WA Waiting Room thread, someone went to the Renton SC to ask about this a week after delivery and they installed it on the spot.

You can speak to 10 different SA's/Techs and get 10 different answers. Seattle is definitely part of the regions that are being given the PPF/Mudflaps at delivery. I would either schedule a service appointment after delivery or go to a different SC (Northgate, Bellevue, Seattle) and try there. As I referenced in the WA Waiting Room thread, someone went to the Renton SC to ask about this a week after delivery and they installed it on the spot.
I was just there, Renton, and as mentioned in the other thread, there were at least eight MY LRs on the lot waiting to be delivered ZERO of them had flaps or PPF. I decided, at that point, to ask a service tech if they installed them during the pre-delivery check and the answer was no. So, for a fact, these do not come from Fremont with flaps and PPF as the factory wouldn't just single out Renton, while providing all other Puget Sound locations cars with flaps and PPF, right?!

I was just there, Renton, and as mentioned in the other thread, there were at least eight MY LRs on the lot waiting to be delivered ZERO of them had flaps or PPF. I decided, at that point, to ask a service tech if they installed them during the pre-delivery check and the answer was no. So, for a fact, these do not come from Fremont with flaps and PPF as the factory wouldn't just single out Renton, while providing all other Puget Sound locations cars with flaps and PPF, right?!
is walk-in visit welcome there?

There is a lot of variability in responses you will get from service techs. The mud flaps and rear PPF are installed at the SC when preparing them for delivery so they wouldn't necessarily be already installed on vehicles in the lot that haven't been prepared. I know that other SC's install them, as you have now confirmed w/ Bellevue SC.

There is a lot of variability in responses you will get from service techs. The mud flaps and rear PPF are installed at the SC when preparing them for delivery so they wouldn't necessarily be already installed on vehicles in the lot that haven't been prepared. I know that other SC's install them, as you have now confirmed w/ Bellevue SC.
As I said above, I also talked to a service tech and they told me only installed if purchased. Feeling pissed off, I contacted Bellevue and that said Renton should be installing them. The Bellevue Service manager was going to connect with Renton to get them straightened out and also to add a note to my order to install the damn flaps and PPF!