Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y front seats creasing badly after 9 days of ownership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I had/have this issue. Tesla replaced the bottom seat foam on the drivers side seat in December 2020. Well, it looked better for a while, but now it looks terrible again. I’ve got 23,000miles on the car and I am in and out of it many times a day visiting customers. I attribute the wear to the constant in/out of the car 5 days a week. But, it still shouldn’t wear like this I feel?

My 2018 XC60 had 50,000 miles on it when I sold it, that drivers seat looked like it did when I took delivery of the car in 2018. My 2016 XC90 with Nappa leather seats did not show wear after 50,000 miles also.

I'm at almost 5300 miles and took delivery in late June...very faint crease that you need to really look for in the same area as yours. I weigh around 155, and don't try to get in the car trying to avoid hitting the bolsters. My 2 previous X5s wore very similarly in the first year, so this isn't an issue for me, but your wear looks much worse than mine.

As a comparison, my wife's previous 2017 X5 with leather standard seats, after 3 years and 45K miles wore poorly, and she is lighter/shorter than I. Not only did the lower bolsters of her seats have many creases worn into them, the outer side of the seat below the bolster on her X5 cracked about 10 inches and you could see the white material backing under the fake leather (only the seating surfaces are leather in standard seat package in an X5). And that car stickered for $74K. Go figure.

I started to notice this on my Y with white interior and discovered the way I was entering led to the crease. Now, I lift my butt a little more and have gotten into the habit of pulling the seat bolster tight to remove any creases as I get in. Its helped and the creases are disappearing.
Wow. I never thought I had to think about how to get into a seat without damaging it ;).

17,250 miles. Yes I need to vacuum! Shutup! :D

PXL_20210205_194749685.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Experienced the same thing. Not even a month old and 700 miles on it and creasing noticeably. Going to ask when I drop it off for some panel gaps. Has to be because the seat is raised up and there is no way to get in and out with out sliding on the bolstering and creasing it.

This forum is so interesting. There are so many people “neatpicky” that every time something gets pointed out, I check my own car for those details. In this case, it turns out I do have a crease on the driver seat (similar to the OP, just not quite as bad). 1,400 miles on it. Never would have noticed if I hadn’t opened this thread. Wondering what happened when some of you brought their car in? Did they get replaced? Did the replacements end up being better or creased the same after a few hundred miles? I am supposed to drop off my car with Tesla for a complimentary detail later this week, wondering if I should bring it up.