Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Giga Berlin production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Information from shipping expert Mr M in the UK forums today suggesting UK Model Y will be produced in Giga Berlin from Q2 2022 onwards. I don’t see a thread for Berlin Model Y production so thought we should start one.

A Berlin produced Model Y may have new paint colours and could finally feature front and rear casting, so a German built Model Y is portentially exciting. While I’m not holding my breath for air suspension, at least Model Y is now being shipped from China with a cargo cover, so should also have this feature from
Berlin.

Hopefully it won’t be too long before Model Y starts to roll out of Berlin.

Reactions: voxel
Information from shipping expert Mr M in the UK forums today suggesting UK Model Y will be produced in Giga Berlin from Q2 2022 onwards. I don’t see a thread for Berlin Model Y production so thought we should start one.

A Berlin produced Model Y may have new paint colours and could finally feature front and rear casting, so a German built Model Y is portentially exciting. While I’m not holding my breath for air suspension, at least Model Y is now being shipped from China with a cargo cover, so should also have this feature from
Berlin.

Hopefully it won’t be too long before Model Y starts to roll out of Berlin.
Hello jlz78:
from our information here in Belgium it appears that my MYLR from Giga Berlin would be delivered in Q1: february - march of 2022.
I definitely want a German produced car with the 4680 battery, I hope for a 600 km range. I really hope for the new colour Deep Crimson Multicoat.
Videos from Youtube taught us that we can hope for a softer and new suspension... (?) And with a cargo cover, we will enjoy the best model Y.
Hope...hope....hope....

I have both on order for UK delivery:

MYLR for early 22 - I was told these are coming from Shanghai

MYP for mid 22 - I was told these are coming from Berlin. Some think it is likely that these will initially come with 2170s. 0-60 times suggest not 4680s.

Neither will come with H/W 4.0 & new cameras most likely.

Will Shanghai MYP come with?:

I will make my decision closer to the time. I will probably go with the LR unless the MYP comes with 4680s. I could replace in 2025 with latest spec.

I have both on order for UK delivery:

MYLR for early 22 - I was told these are coming from Shanghai

MYP for mid 22 - I was told these are coming from Berlin. Some think it is likely that these will initially come with 2170s. 0-60 times suggest not 4680s.

Neither will come with H/W 4.0 & new cameras most likely.

Will Shanghai MYP come with?:

I will make my decision closer to the time. I will probably go with the LR unless the MYP comes with 4680s. I could replace in 2025 with latest spec.
Who told you that the MYP is from Berlin?

Hello jlz78:
from our information here in Belgium it appears that my MYLR from Giga Berlin would be delivered in Q1: february - march of 2022.
I definitely want a German produced car with the 4680 battery, I hope for a 600 km range. I really hope for the new colour Deep Crimson Multicoat.
Videos from Youtube taught us that we can hope for a softer and new suspension... (?) And with a cargo cover, we will enjoy the best model Y.
Hope...hope....hope....
Well it won't be 4680's cells, that's what my Belgian Tesla dealer already confirmed. The new cells are due for end this year, or start 2023.