Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Ground Clearance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello - thanks for letting me post as a guest. I'm currently looking for an electric SUV. The Model Y is on the list. I have one question: can i raise/lower the height of the Y when I do some light off-roading (ruts, grass fields, gravel tracks) when salmon fishing? I would be buying the AWD long range version. I'm assuming the long range has air suspension so hoping he answer is "yes"

Thanks in advance

Hello - thanks for letting me post as a guest. I'm currently looking for an electric SUV. The Model Y is on the list. I have one question: can i raise/lower the height of the Y when I do some light off-roading (ruts, grass fields, gravel tracks) when salmon fishing? I would be buying the AWD long range version. I'm assuming the long range has air suspension so hoping he answer is "yes"

Thanks in advance
No, none of the Model Y or 3 trims have adjustable air suspensions. You would need to get a Model X or S for that feature.

I hear there is aftermarket air suspension for Y. Use the model y forum search feature and type in air suspension. The topic has been discussed much but I have not followed the discussions. A model X might be a better car. Or just rent a car for those occasional off roading trips.

I live rurally on a 1 mile "gravel" road. I have had our model Y lifted 1.75 inches with an aftermarket lift and I feel that's plenty for the winters and roads we have now. We've driven happily as well off-pavement with no issue. It might have been fine stock, but I know with the MPP kit it can do anything I want it to around here.

Reactions: android04