Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y interior condensation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to start a new thread but couldn’t see much reference to condensation inside.

Since the recent seasonal change I’ve found a worrying amount of condensation inside all windows on my Model Y (March delivery)and tried lots of things to fix it but still find every morning (or evening when popping to shops etc). Wondering if I’m on my own with this or anyone else finding it?

It started with a musty smell a few months back and I’ve tied lots of things but to no avail such as
-New floor mats
-Halfords air dry moisture absorber laid on dash every day
-Dehumidifier running inside every day for a couple of weeks whilst parked at work

The worst thing I find that if anything is left on the floor across back seats whether it’s a cardboard box or gym bag the underneath of whatever is making contact with floor is sopping wet in the morning.

Naturally I’ve set daily warmup to clear in time for getting in car but I know something not right. Before logging a service issue thought I’d check with the hive mind here if it’s an isolated vehicle?

Not sure if this helps but I had a similar issue with my Mercedes. It was back and forward several times to get checked and I was told it was all very normal. Until Mrs. McChimp pointed out the rear foot well had a couple of inches of water in it. Turns out the seal at base of windscreen had come away and water was just seeping in through the carpets.

Might not be what is happening to you but worth checking windows are closing and raising a request with Tesla.

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel
The worst thing I find that if anything is left on the floor across back seats whether it’s a cardboard box or gym bag the underneath of whatever is making contact with floor is sopping wet in the morning.
That certainly isn't normal. Either something spilt, or more probably water is getting in.

In simple terms water is getting in somewhere.

I’d check the carpet around the car to see if there is any particular area that is more damp than everywhere else, or any sign of water stains. It could be a blocked drain plug on one of the doors, for example.

Sorry to start a new thread but couldn’t see much reference to condensation inside.

Since the recent seasonal change I’ve found a worrying amount of condensation inside all windows on my Model Y (March delivery)and tried lots of things to fix it but still find every morning (or evening when popping to shops etc). Wondering if I’m on my own with this or anyone else finding it?

It started with a musty smell a few months back and I’ve tied lots of things but to no avail such as
-New floor mats
-Dehumidifier running inside every day for a couple of weeks whilst parked at work

Naturally I’ve set daily warmup to clear in time for getting in car but I know something not right. Before logging a service issue thought I’d check with the hive mind here if it’s an isolated vehicle?
Additionally… nobody has mentioned it so I will … do you run the HVAC in auto or manual? If in manual have you turned the AC off?

-New floor mats

I am late to the party on this one but on the (older) M3 the leaks were almost always in the boot. There is space under the rear boot box where water could sit without it being obvious. removing the box and carpet to check was pretty easy back then just a case of pulling off the plastic strip at the back then it all lifted out. probably harder on a new Y but just for info.

Just thought I’d update this condensation issue in case it’s of any use to others if they have same issue.

I booked it into tesla service and after a couple of days testing they found the HVAC drain hose seal wasn’t seated correctly and moisture entered that area from outside the vehicle through the outlet. Had the car back 5 days now and no more condensation.