Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - is this mold?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently noticed this on the interior of my car

IMG_0604.jpeg

What the heck is this? I looks and feels like an oil stain but rubs off, also looks damp??

Anyone else experience this?

Hopefully the technician making a mess like this...it does not surprise me however. This is why I prefer never to take our cars to Tesla service if I had a choice. I have had the leather steering wheel gouged and need to be refinished, the trim scratched around the display with the MCU2 upgrade, the cubby under the screen left hanging during the same repair, and the screen protector film left on the instrument screen when the upgrade was done. But how I rant...
On the positive side, I have learned to do my own repairs on these vehicles like no other I have owned.

Reactions: SimplyWyn
Hopefully the technician making a mess like this...it does not surprise me however. This is why I prefer never to take our cars to Tesla service if I had a choice. I have had the leather steering wheel gouged and need to be refinished, the trim scratched around the display with the MCU2 upgrade, the cubby under the screen left hanging during the same repair, and the screen protector film left on the instrument screen when the upgrade was done. But how I rant...
On the positive side, I have learned to do my own repairs on these vehicles like no other I have owned.
Yeah I ended up just using a cleaner and it cleaned up very well.